Chapter 14

Poppy

I woke up fully naked next to Nate. I groaned inwardly, as I had hoped that last night would have turned out differently, I was supposed to end up with Chase, but once again Chas had won. Today, I would put my plans into action, as Chas didn’t stand a chance. After I got dressed for the day, I turned to Nate who was sound asleep. He’s adorable when he’s sleeping, the voice inside of my head sighed. I quickly shook those thoughts away; I didn’t have time to deal with Nate. I put on my shoes and scampered out of the house in a hurry to meet Victoria at the park.

“You’re late,” she said as I arrived. I ducked under the yellow slide and sat down in the bench across from her.

“I know, I was busy,” I said curtly.

“With what?” she asked, even though her and I both knew that she didn’t care.

“None of your business, now, how’s your progress?”

“Futile, he won’t give in to me,” she sighed. “I don’t know what it is about that Chastity girl, but she’s getting on my nerves with her goody two shoes act. Obviously he’s getting laid, otherwise I’d have him.”

“They aren’t having sex,” I chuckled dryly. “Chase is as horny as a rhino.”

“Well then I don’t know what else there is, maybe you should try coming onto him,” she shrugged. “After all you’re the one that hired me.”

“If I did that, Nate would get suspicious and I need Nate,” I said.

“Why? He’s nothing but a toy,” she scoffed.

“He’s…complicated, I guess you could say,” I trailed off. The truth was I needed Nate, for more than just sex, he was the one that made me feel…invincible.

“Whatever, just come onto him in private, he’ll fall for you I’m sure,” she complimented me. I could see the fakeness in her smile and sneered in response.

“If you give up, I won’t pay you, simple as that,” I said bluntly, already tired of her. We got out from under the slide and I looked around to be sure that no one was here.

She scowled and hissed “I won’t fail you,” under her breath before swinging her Gucci bag over her shoulder and strutting away. I pursed my lips and watched her retreating figure.

I’ll have to talk to Mickayla, as she’s the one controlling Chas and Chas’s relationship, I thought to myself. And maybe that Robbie kid that dedicated a shrine to Chas could help me out. I walked away from the park, and got into my car. I waited inside for a minute, before I decided to drive to Robbie’s house. Luckily, it was far before school was starting, and I had all of the time I needed. If I have to, I’ll cut, anything to get this done, I thought to myself.

When I pulled into Robbie’s driveway, it was a lot less weird than I had imagined…of course, I wasn’t a usual costumer of his, and I didn’t know where his bat cave was. I stepped out of my car, and made my way around the back of his house, as he had instructed me to do in his email. There was a minuscule door, that ironically said ‘Bat Cave Entrance, Enter If You Dare’ on the front. There was a lock and chain holding the door close, and I turned over the note to see three clues.

It read:

Books- Th1rteen R3asons Why, 8atman, Sup3rman

The combo was revealed to me, and I put the digits 13-8-3 into the lock and it clicked open. “Success,” I muttered to myself. There was one of those firemen poles that went down. “No way in hell,” I grumbled. I looked to either wall in search of a ladder but found nothing.

“You have to slide!” Robbie’s voice called from the darkness.

“Why does this all have to be so complicated with you?” I shouted back before I slid down into the control room below his house.

“It prevents intrusions,” he shrugged. “What do you want from me, Poppy?”

“Who says that I want something?” I asked.

“Because, girls like you don’t usually come here just to hang out,” he said.

“True I want someth—,” I stopped abruptly when I saw the wall of televisions and he control panel beneath it. Each screen was dedicated to a different part of Chas’s life. One had a view through her bedroom window, which meant it was in Kayla’s room, one displayed her facebook, another screed was inside of her car, one was her front yard, one of her back yard and the final one was split between her twitter and a tumblr. “Robbie, what the f*ck is this?” I asked him.

“Nothing that concerns you, what do you want?” he asked hastily and ran to unplug the monitors from the wall.

“Chas always said that you stalked her, but I never believed you actually did. What were you planning to do, rape her?” I shouted at him.

“I knew it wasn’t a good idea bringing you here,” he groaned. “Just please, tell me what you want.”

I shook off the disturbing image I had just witnessed and said, “I need you to…take advantage of Chas.”

“So wait, you yell at me for being a rapist, and now you want me to rape her?” he asked. “That makes no sense Poppy.”

“Well just go up to her, say you’re horny and ask for sex,” I shrugged. “Her period just ended so she should be horny as f*ck right now, do it, it’ll work.”

“T-M-I Poppy,” he said. “But why? She’s dating Chase, isn’t she? She would remain faithful to him.”

“Just do it,” I said, I had to get to…other clients. “Now, where’s the land entrance?”

“Take the stairs,” he said before he turned to his computers and started to reboot them.

“Oh and Robbie?” I asked at the bottom of the steps.

“Yeah?” he asked and spun around in his chair.

“Girls really don’t like the creeper stuff,” I said. “Just a piece of advice.”

**A/N: I have to admit Robbie is getting creepier and creepier as the book goes on, he's going to play a bigger role later too, just wait. Now to the specifics:

Video: A trailer by xxxTaylorSwiftiexxx

Picture: none as of yet

Dedication: to my lovely trailer maker :)

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!!!!

Also, I know it's short, but it's Poppy....