Chapter 15- Bittersweet

Leslie's POV

We all walked into Liv's room. I was the last to walk in because they wanted to surprise her. "Olivia," I heard Lin say to his crying daughter. "There is someone here to see you. They have really missed you and we're so worried..." he got interrupted.
"No Lin. I'm not in the mood." I've never heard her talk like this before. Normally she's pretty happy. I walked in, not caring that I was supposed to wait for a signal.
"I've been waiting for three hours waiting to see you. I'm coming whether you like it or not." I walked in and immediately saw her perk up. She wanted to get out of bed to hug me, but I got to the bed before she could pull of the sheets. "I'm so glad you're okay!" I hugged her pretty tightly, but not too tight because I knew she was sore.
"Leslie you're supposed to be in bed! In your apartment!" She was completely surprised. Even more surprised than Lin was.
"I had to come see you. I couldn't wait till you could leave this place and visit me. Plus I got the okay from the doc. My first show back is tomorrow and you're going to be there." I handed her two tickets. "One for you and one for your friend or your mom. Your choice but I want to see you in the audience tomorrow. To help me calm my nerves." I was so nervous for tomorrow. I haven't been away from any show for this long. I was more than nervous. I was terrified. "Don't worry their seats where you can have your wheelchair." Her smile went away instantaneously.
"Don't remind me," she turned over onto her side. Lin told her that was going to hurt her back but she didn't respond.
"Liv please don't shut us out," Anthony looked like he was going to cry. I never knew the two of them were close. Jazzy hugged him. "We love you. We want to help," he was trying to fight his tears. He didn't want Liv to see him crying.
"If you want to help me then leave me alone!" She exploded. I've never seen her get mad. I didn't like this. Lin whispered that we should all go wait outside and we did.
"I'm sorry it didn't work Leslie. We can try again later," Renée put her hand to my shoulder.
"It's okay," I lied, "she's going through a lot right now. I get it. She needs her space. I'm the same way." I have never lied to the cast before. To be honest I was heartbroken. Olivia is family to me. She's Lin's kid which makes her my kid too. "I'm going to go get some air." I left the hospital and walked to the theater. What was I going to do.

Lin's POV

I've never seen Liv act like this before. I saw her turn to her side. "Niña, that's going to make it worse." She ignored me. She never ignores me.
"Liv please don't shut us out," Anthony looked like he was going to cry. He has gotten close to Live ever since he found her behind the school. They were friends before that but now they were inseparable. "We love you. We want to help," he was trying to fight his tears. I was too. Our Liv was going through a hard time and there isn't much we can do besides make sure she take her medication and provide support.
"If you want to help me then leave me alone!" Liv exploded. I've only seen her get this mad once. It was with Will. I hate seeing my niña like this. I whispered to the others that should all go wait outside.
Once they were outside it was just me, Vanessa, and Liv. Pippa took Sebbie outside because I didn't want him to see his sister like this. "Niña what's going on? Nessa and I are worried. The whole cast is worried.
"I'm never going to be able to dance again or perform..." she broke down crying. "I love dancing. I have never taken lessons, but it flows naturally. I won't be able to move the same way again. The surgery they said would allow me to be able to dance but they said it's a last resort." I looked at Nessa. Neither of us knew about her love for dance. "I love singing and playing piano but dancing is unique. I love it because I'm not a prodigy at it." I go over and hug her. I feel so bad. I feel like it's my fault.
"We are going to get you to dance again. First we should worry about getting you able to at least walk." I smiled at her. "We have to take baby steps but see that in your future you are going to be the best thing to ever hit Broadway!" I chuckled. She smiled back. I looked at Vanessa. She came over and took my hand.
"Sweetie there is something we have to tell you." Nessa said. She sounded so serious. She can be such a mood killer. "Don't worry Liv. It's good news," Nessa was taking forever with it so I just said it.
"We're adopting you! You're going to officially be our daughter!" She squealed. "We have all the paperwork signed. All we have to do is attend the adoption hearing which is more ceremonial."
"Are you messing with me?" She was smiling. I haven't seen that smile in so long.
"We would never kid about this! You're going to be our daughter!" Liv hugged us both. I knew then, in that hug, everything is going to be okay.