Chapter 10!

Bella P.O.V-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phew! That was a close one, I thought, lucky I had my scent masked or the Cullen's would know what I am. I was so caught up in feeding that I hadn't noticed the Cullen's arriving o the scene. I had only realised when Jacob walked up and nudged me gently. I had looked up about to growl at him for interrupting my feast when I noticed the Cullen's advancing on me. I had jumped up and growled at them angrily. Edward stepped forward and asked me if I was the same thing that had attacked him and I smiled, nodding my head as I remembered. Then, with my extra advanced hearing I had heard the sound of Charlie talking on the phone as he drove home. I'd quickly changed into a mountain lion and taken off to get home before him. On the way back, I had kept tuned into the Cullens and Werewolves to see what was happening. I heard how worried Edward was and nearly fell over from laughing so much when he called me a little innocent human. Fortunately, I did end up beating Charlie home... just, and I quickly put some dinner in the oven for him. He walked in the door a minute later and hung his gun and jacket up on the hook in the kitchen door.

"Hey dad," I said nicely, hoping he hadn't gotten a good look at my car.

"Hey Bella, what is for tea?" He asked.

I sighed in relief, "Um... just some steak and vegetables. Sorry, I got home late, I went on a date with Edward Cullen, remember, I told you about it on the phone at lunch?" I asked him.

"Steak is good, Bella. Oh yeah, I forgot you had a date with him tonight, and don't you have a group date with all of the Cullens this weekend?" He asked me.

"Oh no, it is just a sleepover Alice, Rosalie and I are having. We are going to do fun stuff while the guys just sit around and do nothing. Thanks for reminding me though, I forgot," I lied, "Well, I am going up to do some homework," I said, quickly leaving the room to escape before he asks me about my car. I can see it in the back of his mind right now.

"Bella!" Charlie yelled out before I had even taken a single step.

I turned back to face him slowly, thinking of an excuse as to why my car was so battered up, "Yeah, Cha-Dad?" I asked him.

"What happened to your car?" He asked me.

"Um... Well, you, uh... see, on the way back home, a, uh... bunny? It hopped onto the, uh... road and I swerved and hit a tree but nothing bad happened. It was on the way home from school, before my date so there was no one else in the car and the tree only hit the passenger side of the car so I was fine, just a bit jostled," I said lamely.

"Ok kiddo, as long as you are alright," Charlie said gruffly, "If you want, I can go and arrest Mr Bunny if it makes you happy?" He asked teasingly.

I laughed, high and tinkly in relief that he bought my lie, "Uh... no dad, thats alright, I think he learnt his lesson," I said jokingly.

"Ok, go do your homework and get to bed, young lady," Charlie said sternly, "It is a school night, and take your car to get fixed tomorrow after school," He finished.

I didn't say anything, I just ran for the stairs before he could say anything else to me. As I walked in my room I heard the minds of the Cullens nearby, I frowned and walked over to the window and saw them all sitting in their car, driving off in a panic. I read into Emmett's mind in curiosity for why they were taking off. When I heard why, I started laughing, they didn't want me to know they were there but I knew they were there the second they pulled up. If only they knew. I shrugged and got ready for bed, even though I wouldn't be sleeping and then did my homework.