Chapter 21!

Bella P.O.V-

----------------------------

After I said yes, Edward immediately suggested we talk out in the forest out the back of my house where we can have privacy from my nosy neighbours and the people driving past. I agreed hesitantly. I wasn't stupid, I knew I still had feelings for him no matter how hard I tried to mask that with hate from what I had heard the other night. I was afraid that if I listened to him talk, and heard his pain, I would forget all about why I deserved to be angry with him and forgive him. This wasn't how it was supposed to work though, I deserved to be angry with him and I need to try and stay strong until I can get over him. Talking to him isn't going to help with that.

"Are we nearly there," I asked him grumpily as we had been walking for quite a while. If we were going at vampire speed than we would already be there but I wasn't going to tell him my secret yet... or ever.

He looked back at me slightly, "Just a little further," He said, looking slightly hurt because of my tone of voice yet as if he was expecting it. Well good. He should be and he deserves it, I thought though I felt a slight pang of hurt also, I was beginning to think he was the one for me. I really was starting to fall in love with him.

We had only walked a couple more minutes when Edward called out, "We are here." and I found myself stepping into the meadow I had found him in a while ago after our first 'study' date. Boy do I feel stupid for agreeing on going out with him now... I wonder if they laughed about poor, naïve little Bella when I had left thinking Edward liked me?

If possible, the meadow looked even more angelic and perfect then it had the first time. The grass was long and weaving side to side in the gentle breeze, flowers of all colors grew in abundance throughout the meadow, there were tress with many flowers and delicious looking fruits on them around the edge and a clear, blue pond off to the side with a little stream heading out into the forest. I let out a slight sigh, this place was so relaxing and peaceful. It was beautiful. I could see why Edward came out here so often.

I was so caught up in the meadow that I forgot all about Edward and why we were here. I was brought out of my daze by the clearing of a throat. I spun around to face Edward whom was standing there looking at me with a pained look on his face.

I frowned, "What is wrong?" I asked. Cursing myself on the fact that I actually cared about him.

"I just cant believe I stuffed everything up between us," He said, looking down at the ground.

I scoffed, "Why do you even care? You were only faking remember! I know the truth now, you don't have to pretend it hurts that we aren't together! You're probably only upset you didn't get to see your little plan through! Yeah! I see it now, you are just trying to get me to forgive you so you can go through with your little plan!" I said angrily.

"No Bella! It isn't true!" He replied quickly, wincing as if my accusations hurt. A little part of me actually believed that maybe he did care but then I remembered he was a couple hundred years old so he would have to be pretty good at acting.

"That's not what I heard though Edward! You know, the day I overheard you yelling about how you didn't like me and never would! The day you said that you were only pretending to like me to go along with that stupid idea you guys came up with! I heard all of that so don't stand there and pretend that didn't happen and that you actually do like me because I know it isn't true!"

"I am serious Bella! I mean, sure, at the start I was only getting to know you because of the plan but as I got to know you more, I started falling for you! You are so amazing and beautiful and I really like you!"

"What was the plan even about?" I yelled back.

"My family had to know if you were a danger to us!" He replied quickly, almost without thinking through his answer before he replied. "Both Emmett and Jasper are in a relationship so I was the only one that could pretend to go out with you!"

"Why the hell would you think I would be a danger to your family? What bad stuff is your family into to have you questioning people? Drugs?" I questioned though I knew too well why they thought I might be dangerous to them.

"No! Of course we aren't into selling drugs or anything!" Edward replied, "Why would you think we would do something like that?" He added, totally avoiding the main question I had asked. I wanted to see if he would own up to being a vampire to me.

"Well how am I supposed to know if anything you or your family has ever told me has been the truth?" I asked angrily. "What I heard the other day makes me question everything your family has ever said to me!" I said before adding, "and don't think I didn't notice how you avoided my other question too! Why did your family think I was a threat to them if you aren't into anything shady?"

"That is a family secret! I cant tell you," Edward said sadly, looking away from me for a second.

"Well I think we are fully over than," I hissed, "If you aren't going to tell me the truth I don't know if I want to hear your stupid fake excuses. I want you to leave me alone, we are over for good. Don't try to talk to me again okay!" I said before moving to walk past him, as I brushed past him I made sure to bump his shoulder roughly with mine.

I was nearly out of the meadow to go home when I heard his hurried footsteps with my vampire hearing a second before his hand wrapped gently around my upper arm, holding me there. Of course, I could get out quite easily but that would mean revealing to him that I was a vampire. That was never going to happen if I could help it.

"Bella wait!" He said quietly as he held me prisoner. "Even if I did tell you about why we thought up the plan, you wouldn't believe me. You will think I am insane and probably laugh in my face before ringing the mental asylum up to give them seven new patients."

"How can you be so sure about that?" I questioned. Though I knew that if I was human that probably would be my first reaction. He had a fair point but with all the time he has spent with me, you would think he would know me well enough and trust me enough to tell me even though he doesn't like me. If he hadn't ruined my trust in him not too long ago than I would probably tell him, I was thinking of telling him before all this happened anyway. I decided to voice my thoughts verbally instead of in my head. "I mean, surely you know me well enough by now to know that you can trust me even though you don't like me?"

"It would be anyone's reaction, no matter how much you know them or they know you. Also, I told you that wasn't true Bella!" He said, raising his voice, "I really like you! If you would just let me explain why I said that then you would know that none of it is true and that I really do like you!" He finished.

"So there was no plan to get to know me then?" I questioned, already knowing the answer and when he didn't answer me, it was confirmed. "That's what I thought. If that's true than the rest is also. Enough is enough Edward. We are done here," I finished and with my final words I tore my arm from his shocked grasp and took off into the woods in the direction of home.

--------------------------------------------------------

Edwards P.O.V~

---------------------------------------------------

I stared in shock at the spot where Bella had just disappeared. I cant believe she actually wants us to be over for good. She wouldn't even let me explain myself. Anger shot through me and I whirled around; grabbing a small tree, lifting and throwing it at another one. They both collapsed at the impact and the ground shook as the trees hit the ground. My breath blew out heavily and labored sounding as I glared at the trees irrationally. It didn't occur to me at first that there was someone else in the clearing until I heard them clapping their hands mockingly. I whirled around to see a man leaning up against a tree and smirking at me.

"Who the HELL are you?" I questioned angrily, already smelling that he was a vampire and shifting into a fighting stance, just in case he was dangerous. Who knows, he could have been another one of Tanya's stupid goons.

"Hello Edward, my name is Jason Vermont and I am your worst nightmare," He said dramatically and stereo-typically like the bad guy in some bad horror film.

"Listen man, I am not in the mood to be messed with. I am just going to tell you once, leave me the hell alone!" I hissed at him.

"I can guess why. I heard it all," He said seemingly sympathetically, "Bella really got to you too huh?" He questioned innocently.

My defenses rose as soon as he uttered Bella's name. "How do you know about Bella and what do you want with me and her?" I questioned.

"I want Bella to come back and be my queen and I am going to take you now to get you out of the way. I really need to take her back as quickly as I can and a bunch of stupid vegetarian vampires intent on protecting the stupid bitch is only going to slow me down. I am on a tight time schedule," He sneered at me.

I growled at him, "Over my dead body am I going to allow you to take Bella back with you to wherever the hell you came from!"

He grinned wickedly, motioning to something behind me and said, "Don't ask for things, they can all too easily be arranged."

As he finished his sentence I heard the soft patter of footsteps behind me. I spun around but was too late as something wrapped around my neck and twisted, causing everything to go black.

-----------------------------

Jason P.O.V~

-----------------------------

I grinned to myself as Conrad moved out of the shadows behind Edward and snapped his neck. As Edward's now limp body fell to the floor I felt a sense of victory as I knew that now nothing was standing in the way of me and getting Bella back with me to be my queen. So we can rule the world together and be the most powerful beings. Once I get her back and get my witch to perform the spell to give Bella's powers to me, I will be able to get rid of her and no one will be able to touch me!

------------------------------------------------------------

The much wanted 21st chapter! The next one will be out in a couple days!

VOTE!! COMMENT!! FAN!!.... PLLEASE! :)