Chapter 17!

Hey everyone! Important! This is not a new update! This is the update I posted a month ago. When I logged on tonight it had made this chapter into its own story. I have no idea how! The next update will be posted in an hour! Sorry x

Okay, everyone! Next chapter... finally! Thanks so much to everyone who sent me positive and encouraging comments and to all those that read and vote for my book. Thank you the people who sent me inbox's with ideas on what to do next, that was all really helpful! :) So I hope you enjoy this chapter! For now I will put on my thinking music ;) and try to get the next chapter up WAY WAY quicker then I got this one up!!
remember.... VOTE COMMENT FAN!! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edward P.O.V:

-----------------------------------------------

Bella completely left my thoughts as I let my vampire instincts take over. I had smelt a mountain lion when I was around 50m out from my house and had immediately gone after it. I had found it stalking some elk a mere 6kilometres out from the house. I stalked it for a bit before pouncing on it and sinking my teeth into its jugular. Afterwards, with my hunger still not satisfied, I caught and killed the small herd of elk that the, now dead mountain lion had been stalking.

All of those events lead up to where I was now, crouched in a tree outside my house. I quickly hopped down from the tree and landed next to our back door. I opened the door quietly and slipped inside and shut the door quietly behind me. I quickly walked up to my room and changed my slightly ruffled clothes before quickly running back down the stairs. I knew Bella and Rosalie were down in the kitchen, I had seen them as I had ran past up to my room so that is where I was headed now. I was nearly there when I heard the front door open and Tanya's scent wafted up to my nose. I immediately frowned as I realised that it was Bella that had opened the door and she was now talking to Tanya.

I wasn't able to sense Tanya before the door had been opened because our house had a protective spell around it- cast by some witch friends of ours- so in case there were enemy vampires, they wouldn't be able to smell us in here or use their powers in here unless they were in here too, or the door was open. Also, if someone tried to open any of the doors or windows with the intention to harm any of my family, they would get a shock and would be thrown backwards a couple of metres. The only downside to the spell was that we wouldn't be able to hear or smell them if they were outside and we were inside unless a door or window was open.

I started moving quickly towards the front door, tormenting thoughts of Tanya killing Bella assaulting my head as I moved. I was nearly there when I heard her speak to Bella rudely. I frowned and hurried my walk as I heard that the rest of my family were moving closer too. I heard Bella reply just as I walked up to them. Tanya's head immediately swivelled up so she could look at me and she sent a quick sugar-coated smile my way.

I glared back at her, "What are you doing here, Tanya?" I ground out, trying not to growl too much and scare Bella. Just then the rest of my family walked up and I instantly relaxed, knowing that with all of us here, Tanya was outnumbered and wouldn't be able to even touch Bella.

Tanya simply grinned back at me and moved to bump roughly past Bella, causing her to stumble to the side slightly as she sauntered closer to me. "Why Edward! I thought you would have missed me! I certainly missed you!" Tanya said pouting at me as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

I simply shot her a disgusted look and pushed her off of me roughly, causing her to stumble back a bit. "I said it once and I am only going to say it one more time, Tanya. What.are.you.doing.here!" I snarled, totally forgetting that maybe Bella might hear my growl and get scared.