Chapter 13

Six weeks.

It had been six weeks since that night when Darren had appeared on Chris' doorstep and the magic had finally begun.

Chris didn't feel like it had been six weeks. It had felt like an eternity of talking, cuddling, teasing, hand-holding, and kissing. If Chris could have chosen any guy to spend a month and a half with like this, he wouldn't have even given it a second thought. Darren was simply perfect. He made Chris smile, and even though he was getting used to kissing him, Chris got a tiny spark of electricity and the butterfly in his stomach fluttered every time Darren gave him as much as a peck on the cheek. And don't even get him started on whenever Darren complimented him, grabbed his hand, grinned at him, or most of all, made out with him. Chris' heart had done gymnastics.

Glee had just finished filming for the season last week, and now Chris was looking forward to an entire month of writing his book, reading, going on a quick tour in a few weeks, and most of all, Darren. His boyfriend had officially moved in with him. In fact, the two had had to play ninja to collect Darren's things from Mia's house while she was out.

"Hey Chris?" Darren called from the living room sofa. Chris had gone to the kitchen to make some popcorn for the movie they were about to watch. "Do you maybe want to go out for dinner tomorrow? I know you're used to take-out and movies at home, but maybe you would want to go out?" Darren anxiously awaited Chris' answer.

As he returned from the kitchen, licking his buttery finger, Chris said, "I just realized we haven't actually been out into the world for a few weeks. Where should we go?"

They decided on a restaurant, and made plans to have a formal dinner tomorrow night.

"You know, for a while I was scared to go out," Darren said softly, "But I think I need to. I'm just a little worried-"

"Don't be worried," Chris cut him off.

"The paparazzi will eat it up that we're out on a date," Darren replied.

"And if they find us, we'll just smile and wave and be proud of ourselves and each other." Chris resolved, and brushed his lips against Darren's as he pressed play on the remote.

Later that night, they crawled into bed together, just like they had for the past six weeks. Darren curled up against Chris, taking comfort in the warm limbs wrapping around him. He shouldn't worry. Everything was going to be perfect, as long as Chris was there.