Chapter 3

After a long day, some of the cast members were going out to dinner. Darren, Chris and Lea were going to drive together and meet Naya, Jenna, Kevin, and Chord at some new restaurant in LA.

Darren drove, one hand resting on the wheel, with Chris sitting in the passenger's seat and Lea peering over their shoulders from the back. It had been a hard but fun workday for them all.

"So I heard about you guys' kissing scene," Lea said mischeviously, "Naya told me you were really... getting into it."

"Yeah, yeah, make fun all you want," Chris replied sarcastically, "Naya likes to talk, doesn't she?"

"And... a little birdie told me that you and Stephanie broke up, Darren," Lea said.

"Wait, what?" Darren screeched, "How in hell do you know about that?"

Lea smiled slyly. "Oh, I don't know..."

"You tell me right this instant!" Darren commanded, and he was so persuasive that Lea looked a little scared.

"Okay, I happen to be friends with one of Stephanie's best friends, and apparently she's been trying to find you," Lea reported.

"Wait, why is she trying to find you? SHE broke up with YOU!"

Chris said, a little louder than he had intended.

Lea smirked, as if this was all too funny. "And you know that because...?"

Chris fumbled for words. "Uh, um, hey look we're here! Looks like a nice place!"

Lea just chuckled, and got out of the car.

A few minutes later, they had found a large table and sat down with the rest of their friends. The cast skimmed menus, laughing and talking, and having a generally good time.

"Okay, guys! Lean in and say cheese!" Chord said, stepping out of his seat and standing at the front of the table, his iPhone out and ready to take a group picture.

A good-natured mumbling of "cheese" chorused from the group, and Chord sat down.

"Export to Instagram and Twitter," he murmured to himself.

Chris and Darren sat right next to eachother, on the short end of the rectangular table. They had a side of the table just to themselves, so Chris decided to try something gutsy. He slid one hand under the table and covertly placed it on Darren's thigh. Within an instant, Darren's hand was on top of his, and the two smiled at each other. This was what Chris had been wanting to do for years.

Food and drinks were served, and everything was delicious. Darren fed Chris a bite of his meal, and Chris did the same. Although the two men didn't notice, the rest of the group looked around at eachother, smirking delightedly at this small, almost romantic gesture.

And then came the tornado.

"Oh. My. God. Finally!" a high pitched voice sceamed from the doorway. Everyone in the room turned around. There was Stephanie, standing in the entryway, staring directly at Darren.

"I've been looking all over town for you! You haven't been answering my calls. But I saw Chord's tweet! Thank God. We need to talk," Stephanie said, all in one breath.

"Um... can we... move this conversation to someplace more private?" Darren murmured, embarrassed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. There's a back room over here," she said, motioning to a door.

"I'll be right back, guys," Darren announced to the group, then to Chris, whispered, "This won't take too long."

The boys exchanged meaningful looks, and Chris watched as Mia excitedly led Darren to the back room.

"What do you want here?" Darren asked coldly as he closed the door behind him.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry for all the awful accusations I made last night," Stephanie said, "I never doubted that you were straight and not-" she shivered, "Homosexual."

"Yeah, well, it's a little too late for your apologies," Darren retorted, then moved towards the door.

"Wait!" Stephanie screeched, nearly knocking Darren over in an attempt to keep him in the room. "I think we need to talk it out. I want to get back together."

"I'm sorry, Stephanie," Darren said sharply, "But you have been a nightmare for a long time, and I'm done with your drama. You kicked me out onto the street last night, with no money, no phone, no nothing."

"And that was totally wrong! I'm so sorry!" Stephanie cried, "I can't imagine what you went through! My God, did you have to sleep on the streets?"

Then Darren said something without even thinking about it.

"No. I walked to Chris'. He comforted me, told me it was going to be okay. He watched Harry Potter with me and held me. And you know what? Do you know what?" Darren was practically shaking with anger now, "I told him that I loved him. And he told me that he loves me too. And we meant it. So I would suggest you leave, and never talk to me ever, ever again. Because you know what Stephanie? I'm done with your bullshit. No more."

Stephanie's eyes grew wide. "I knew it! You're a dirty little.... a dirty little fag, that's what you are! And I'm going to tell the whole world about you and your friend Chris Colfer," she spit out the name like it was unclean.

To that, Darren just smiled, and strutted out of the room.