Chapter 12

Chris and Darren opened the door to the apartment, Chris' arm over Darren's shoulders, Darren's arm around Chris' waist. They stumbled into the bedroom and took off their shirts and pants, crawling under the covers together in just their boxers. They scooted towards each other, meeting in the middle of the bed and clinging to each other once again.

Chris put his head on Darren's bare chest and laid his arm across his stomach. Darren lifted his arm and wrapped it around Chris' shoulders, kissing his head as they snuggled under the covers.

"I love you," Darren said softly. Chris couldn't help but grin.

They lay like that for a while, closing their eyes every now and then. Chris enjoyed Darren's warm hold around him, almost like he was shielding him from harm.

Chris tilted his head up and smiled lovingly at Darren. He looked beautiful.

Darren looked down and very carefully kissed Chris' lips. Chris twisted his body around and kissed back. Soon, the men were captivated in a deep lip-lock, running their fingers along each other's cheeks.

Darren broke away for a second, just long enough to say, "I missed you so much." Then he went back in, pressing his lips against Chris'. Their tongues touched, and they kissed harder, both men impossibly relieved that they were together again.

Soon enough, Chris was on top of Darren, and they were grinding against each other just like they had the other day.

Once again, Darren slipped his hand down to Chris' crotch, but this time, Chris really did grab Darren's butt, with no fire alarms interrupting.

Chris decided that he was going to take a chance. He put his hand into Darren's boxer shorts, touching his boyfriend's naked butt.

Darren's heart flip-flopped with excitement. Slowly, he slipped his hand down the front of Chris' underwear, dragging them down a little as he went.

Before either of them knew it, their boxers were lying abandoned at the end of the mattress. But both men came to an unspoken agreement; they would not go all the way just yet.

They broke off the lip lock, but still kept their arms wrapped firmly around each other's bodies. Darren turned on his side and Chris did the same, so that they were hugging horizontally.

"I love you more than anyone could ever know," Chris whispered into Darren's ear.

"Oh, I think I know, because I love you that much. Probably more," Darren whispered back with a little laugh.

It seemed like they could lie like that for years, naked bodies pressed together. But when Darren's stomach started making audible noises, they knew they had to get up and eat something. They slipped on sweatpants and walked, hand in hand, to the kitchen, each man marveling at just how perfect the other one was.