Chapter 6

Darren sat at the base of the tombstone, crying and shaking some more. He didn't even know why. He and Chris had informed all of their cast mates about their relationship last night. The entire world had already suspected that the two men were dating. Why did this feel so absolutely awful?

He ran through all the options in his head.

This wouldn't change his life totally, he highly doubted he would be bullied, and he knew his friends and family would accept him.

Stephanie had been a cold-hearted bitch for a while now, and Darren should have expected this much.

He was definitely in love with Chris. That wasn't even up for consideration.

What was going on that made him react this way?

A sudden thought jerked Darren back to reality. He had work today, and Chris was probably up by now.

Oh man, he thought, I left without any warning at all. Chris is probably frantic.

Darren put his head in his hands. He was stronger than this. He knew not to make rash, stupid decisions or run away from his problems. And he certainly shouldn't worry his loved ones unnecessarily. Especially not Chris.

Just then, Darren heard a car pull up outside of the graveyard. His heart just about leaped up his throat and climbed out his mouth when he saw Chris' face emerge from the car. Chris' beautiful, chiseled, porcelain face. It nearly brought Darren to happy tears.

"C-Chris," he choked out the name. Chris looked over, saw Darren huddled in a little ball, and ran over.

"Darren. My God. Are you alright? I saw the... the tweet," Chris said. Darren made an attempt to smile. It didn't work. His face was still soaked with tears. Chris, who was now crouched beside him, wrapped his arms around the crying man.

"Shhh," Chris whispered as Darren let out a sob, "It'll be alright, it'll be fine."

"I don't even know why I'm so upset!" Darren spluttered into Chris' elbow.

"Shhh, it's okay," Chris said softly, arms still wrapped tightly around Darren's quivering body, "It's okay. You were just exposed in front of the entire world by someone you once considered a friend. A girlfriend. You're taking it better than some people would."

"But we told the cast last night, and I didn't do this then!" Darren sobbed.

"This is different. Those were your close friends. This is the entire internet," Chris said, stroking Darren's hair.

"Come on, we both know that they already thought we were together," Darren said, edging away from Chris, "This is stupid."

"Hey. It's not stupid. It's far from stupid," Chris cupped Darren's face in his hands, looking deep into his hazel eyes. "This is a huge issue among our country. Pretty much every other kid in the LGBT community had an incredibly difficult time coming out. I know firsthand. It's hard enough for them, in their own small towns, in their own families. But you have it much worse. The entire world knows about us. You were outed before you were ready. And even though there's nothing wrong with being who you are, and your friends and family know that, not everybody else in the world does. That's a scary thing. People you've never seen before in your life now know this huge personal thing about you, and you don't know what they're going to do with it. But Darren, you have to know that no matter what happens, you are loved. That sounds so cheesy, sorry about that, but it's true. If you get any hate, any hate at all, whether it's a rude tweet or a comment from someone on the street, there are people who will protect you. I know your family and friends will. The cast will too. Not to mention the entire Glee fandom, who will viciously defend you from anyone, and I mean anyone, who gives you crap. And most of all, me. I love you more than anything else in the world. And I swear, if you have any sort of problem, I will help you through it. Okay?"

Darren nodded, and smiled. It wasn't a fake smile, it was a genuine grin, and Chris could tell.

"I love you so much. I-I-" Darren fumbled for words, "I'm so lucky to have you, you know that?"

Chris giggled. "You're cute when you're crying."

Then they kissed. Neither could've said who initiated it. It was more like they moved as a single body, being drawn towards each other at the exact same time. Their lips collided, and once again, the worries, the stress, and everything else altogether was wiped from their minds.

This is the best kiss I've ever had, Darren thought gleefully. It was true. He had never before experienced a kiss so beautiful, so wonderful, so comforting, so right. They were sitting on the wet ground in a graveyard, but that didn't matter. This moment was perfect. Darren wished it could go on forever and ever.

It was not to be. "Come on," Chris said, standing up and dragging Darren with him, "We've got work to do."