Chapter 20

Once the men got home, they immediately crashed. Well, they crawled in bed together and cuddled for a few hours before crashing.

Darren woke up and glanced at the clock. It was 8:05 am. They had gotten into bed at 7:30 the previous night.

He started kissing the top of Chris' head. Chris opened his eyes.

"Morning," he yawned, turning around to kiss Darren on the lips.

"Morning," Darren said, stroking Chris' cheeks, "Did you sleep well?"

"As always, when you're right here next to me," Chris replied, smiling happily at Darren.

An hour later, after breakfast had been eaten and both men had gotten dressed, Darren's cell phone began to ring.

"Hello?" Darren said into the phone.

"Hi. I have great news! You're going to be on Ellen again! This Tuesday, be there at 9 am. Got it?" the voice of Darren's manager said.

"Uh, sure," Darren replied a little uneasily. He hadn't had a single interview since he had been outed, and he was nervous about the impending questions on his sexuality. It was like he could hear them already.

"So, Darren, why have you always claimed you are straight?"

"Are you gay or bisexual or what?"

Darren visibly shook at the thought of it. Chris noticed, and came over, placing his hands on Darren's shoulders.

"You okay?" Chris said as Darren hung up.

"Yeah, fine, just... I'm going to be on Ellen next week," Darren responded, turning around to face his boyfriend.

Chris gave him a sympathetic look. "Well, if there was any talk show host you would want to help you talk about your sexuality, it would be Ellen, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah, I suppose so," Darren said, still shakily.

"Hey," Chris said, cupping Darren's face in his hands, "You're going to be fine. I'll come with you backstage, for moral support!"

"Thanks," Darren replied thankfully, smiling a little.

Later in the day, Chris thought about something.

"Dare, did you ever read your Twitter after the whole... Stephanie thing?" Chris asked carefully.

"No," Darren said, and whipped out his phone.

"Wait," Chris warned, "Are you sure you want to? Read them, I mean." He sat down on the couch where Darren was slumped and placed a hand on Darren's.

"Yeah. I think I should," Darren decided, and opened up the Twitter app. The two scrolled through thousands of recent tweets to Darren.

@DarrenCriss So happy you're happy, but sorry you had to go through crap to be happy, one said.

Woohoo! Crisscolfer is on! another said.

@DarrenCriss @ChrisColfer I love you guys so much! Are you really dating? another read.

Yes, we are, and I'm proud to say it! Darren responded to that last one before Chris could stop him.

Darren replied to a few more tweets similarly.

In response to one that said, Are @DarrenCriss and @ChrisColfer dating?, Darren typed, Most definitely, and I'm happier than ever.

"Okay, I think that's enough for today," Chris said, laughing a little. Darren immediately reached over and kissed Chris on the lips. They fell back on the couch, running their hands up and down each others' bodies. Darren broke away for a second.

"I really am, you know," he said softly into Chris' ear.

"What?" Chris asked, almost in a whisper.

"Happier than ever," Darren said back before kissing Chris once again.