Surprise

Another school day, I walked towards my locker to get some books but before I could open it, a group of girls approached me including the Miss most wanted of my school, the so called Amelia Collins.

"We need to talk about something nerdy" she addressed me. I turned around thinking that maybe they are talking to someone else as I am usually invisible.

"I am talking to you, don't ignore me " she moved closer to me.

"What is it?" I asked and now spectators also gathered for entertainment.

"You know we all girls are far better than you, no doubt in that, stay away from the school's heartthrobs
especially Zac and you will have an easy life otherwise... "

"I am not interested in any of them or any other boy, don't worry, you don't have to feel insecure coz of me" I interrupted her. Well now she was burning with anger.

"Insecure, my foot, piss off" she pushed me away ,my books didn't fell but I did. The whole group marched away.

I got up and was about to go to class when yet again Kyle approached me. Thankfully, he didn't see the little scene that just happened.

"Hey Emma, I need a little favor" Kyle said smirking like anything.

"If it's proxy, assignment or anything I'll help but right now I am getting late for class so talk to you later" I was about to walk away when he blocked my .

"Yep, that's what I want to, can you come to cafeteria during lunchtime today as you hardly show up there" he looked at me pleadingly.

"Fine but after today you will never talk to me coz some people don't like it" I sharply replied and left.

In class I concentrated as much as I could but the stares from everyone was so disturbing. Becky, Amelia, cheerleaders and so called classmates were giving me their warm glares as if I had just brought an atom bomb in my bag.

Finally it was lunchtime, I was a little afraid to go to cafeteria as Amelia would burst out if she sees me with hot members of my school but since Zac wasn't with Kyle so I felt a little relieved.
I walked towards him. He smiled and I sat opposite to him.

"So which assignment.. " he cut me by signalling me to look behind.

Out of curiosity I looked up and my god, Zac was standing in front of me.
I stood up. I really panicked and there was pin drop silence now that everyone was looking at us.

Before I could move away he held my hand and announced loudly "Guys, you all know what we did to her on my party, I am really sorry Emma please forgive me. "

All eyes were on me, he was waiting for my reply but I couldn't take it.

Didn't I already forgive him. Why did he do this? Another prank to make me suffer. I am now in everyone's eyes.
I just wanted to be invisible. Why? I went blank. I couldn't make out if he was being genuine or sarcastic.

I yanked my hand away and ran. Ran as fast as I could and left the school. I wanted to cry but not in front of everybody. I bunked rest of the classes and went home.

Zac's viewpoint

The plan to make her smile just backfired. She looked scared and sad. She just ranaway. I was about to chase after her but Becky stopped me.

"We need to talk" she looked serious.
I agreed to meet her in the parking after school.
We went to our classes after lunch. But I was really annoyed .

"Don't worry man!! It will be alright" Kyle tried to cheer me up.

I thanked him.

"She is a mystery, I mean, I would have kissed a guy if he did that for me" Kyle joked.
That cheered me up.