Off guard

Monday morning blues!! I don't want to go to school. Somebody kill me.

But there was no way out. I had to go so I wore some random shirt and jean as usual with the same nerd appearance. My life is epitome of boredom. Same routine gets repeated everyday and nothing new ever happened.

New? The party incident was new. Shut up my inner voice.

Now, here I stood in front of my locker with whole corridor giving me VIP treatment of passing comments, giggles. Some pitied me as I was pranked publicly. I really wished the earth to tear apart and make me vanish but nothing happened. I marched towards my class matching the speed of a ferrari.

In class the treatment was no different but I felt a little relieved. I took the most unnoticeable seat and covered my face with a book. Becky was giving me looks as if she really wanted to talk to me but I ignored it.

Then entered the neophyte,
Zac loran with his big group. I anticipated that he will come and create a scene but he just ignored me and sat down as far as possible. But as usual I could feel his eyes on me during the entire lecture.

I thought he would say that slapping him was my biggest mistake and he would kill me. But the way he ignored me after class was relieving and all my fears were gone. It was mature to move on and not to create a scene about past. I really liked that part about the guy. But trust me I hate humans.

The rest of the day was pretty normal. I didn't run into Becky or Zac. It was lunch time but I was hungry for literature rather than food so I was off to library.

But before I entered Kyle called me from behind.

Wow!! I have an awesome bad luck. Not Becky, not Zac but so called best friend of Zac wants something from me. Great.

"What's wrong? you want to taunt me or something, ok I am sorry, bye" I just wanted to run away from people.

"No Emma, I just wanted to ask that if you could find me this book from the library, I don't want to waste my lunchtime" he handed me a slip on which the name of the book was mentioned along with the author.

I took it and went to library without saying anything.

I just hate my kind nature. I found the book but could not give it to Kyle as we didn't have any class together after lunch.

I was attending the last lecture of the day.

"I am cancelling the class today, there is a meeting of teachers so I have to be there" everyone was happy when our teacher announced that.

Everyone left but I did not move from my seat. I wanted to spend some time alone and I felt the silence in the school pretty comfortable. No one will come back to disturb. I removed my nerd glasses, let my hair loose and I started singing.

I loved doing this even though I had done it many times before. I always did it when I felt that going home early would just make me lonely and sad. As home is not a place, home is family and I didn't have that.

Zac's point of view

"Let's paint the town red today" I said.

"Let's do it, moreover I want a break from the school life" Kyle agreed readily. I fumbled into my pockets for the keys of my car.

"Oh shit! I dropped my licence in the class, I think. It was in my pocket and now it's not there" I cursed.

"Don't worry, give me the keys, I'll wait in the car, go and find your license fast, I don't want to get bored" Kyle spoke eagerly.

I handed him the keys and started walking towards the class.

The hallways were empty and silence shrouded everywhere. But as I neared my class, I heard some noise, it was like someone was singing. I walked curiously and there I saw a girl singing so sweetly. The cascade of her hair covered her back .Her deep black eyes sparkled and she was singing each word with so many emotions and smile. Then I noticed it was her, the same nerd on whom I pulled one of the humiliating prank. I was so shocked.

I kept standing at the door and listening to her soothing voice, watching her adorable appearance.

I can hear you sing all day.

She didn't notice me until my phone rang. She was startled and looked at me with fear in her eyes. I hurriedly cut the phone. It was Kyle and as usual the mood killer.

The girl just put on her glasses again and tied her hair in a bun and ran past me. I kept calling her but she was too fast. I felt pathetic for scaring her.

But at the same time I found it weird. I mean why would anyone stay in school just to sing.

Maybe she's a psycho. Well who cares.

Kyle's phone call brought me back to reality and I started walking towards the parking. Luckily I found my license under my bench.

"Were you making a new license?" Kyle looked annoyed.

"Sorry for the wait, dude, you drive and take us wherever you feel like" I replied.

We roamed around the streets and then finally reached a club. It was just like other clubs, smell of the drinks, loud music, freaky dancers, people making out, boxers etc.

I have always enjoyed these type of places but today my mind was aloof. I couldn't get the image of the girl out of my mind.

Her singing is so soothing.

"What's wrong with you?, that's the sixth chick you have turned down,
I think we should leave if you don't feel like staying for long" Kyle was genuinely worried.

"Well just don't feel like doing this stuff today, let's leave" I said.
We left the place.

I asked him "hey dude, what I did at my party was really bad right?"

"Oh you mean what you did to Emma Scarlett?" he asked.
"Oh so that was her name, I forgot."

"At first I didn't think that the prank would be that bad but when it happened, I really felt bad for her" he replied.

"I want to sort it out, I can't get it out of my head, what I did can't be forgiven" I was repenting it.

"Yep even though she slapped you once it still isn't sorted, I mean she could have slapped you at least twice" Kyle chuckled.

I punched his shoulder.

"The way I saw her today, I'm curious about her" I continued . Kyle gave me one of his skeptical looks. I shrugged.

I dropped Kyle home though he insisted for staying overnight with me to lighten up my mood but I assured him that I just needed sleep and I will be fine.

I couldn't sleep that night.
I was dying to talk to her, to see her like that again .

What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I so curious?

To calm my thoughts I ate a sleeping pill which finally made me sleep.

Emma's viewpoint

I was so startled as Zac, the prankster saw me singing. Moreover, he saw my real side which nobody knows. I felt humiliated. I ran away from the class as fast as possible and ignored the fact that he was asking me to stop.

I reached home in a frenzied state of mind and kept thinking about what will happen now. He might go and taunt me about my stupid singing .He might denounce me.

What will I do?

I kept moving in the house. Finally I thought of going with the flow. I will just tolerate his insults and I will be ready for the worst with full pessimistic outlook.

The coffee after shower calmed me down but I no longer felt hungry. I put on my headphones and songs lullabied me to sleep.

....
Click on the star, please vote.

Do any of you sleep while listening to songs?
Comment.