Pain

Emma's viewpoint

Zac gave me a ride to school. But the video he showed really surprised me. I still couldn't believe that I kissed him. He is a nice guy and I do like him. It's just that my drunken self made me realize it.

But I can't accept it, Zac is a rich boy, has everything on his feet. He can get any girl he want so there's no chance he would take me seriously. He flirts with me sometimes but all boys do that. There is no way he would love me truly.

Moreover, I am afraid of rejection. He might date me but I don't want to feel like a trash after a small relationship.

All my lectures passed quickly. I was just thinking about my talk with Zac and about the video whole time. I looked really happy in that.

I was packing my stuff to go to cafeteria for lunch when Amelia and Becky came to me.

"You should see this, Miss superstar " Amelia handed me a pamphlet.

It was written that I was an orphan, a liar, a curse and what not. I looked at Becky. She hid behind Amelia.

Why? Only you knew it. why Becky?

I tore the poster to pieces.

"Aww, don't worry, you can tear it, there are many more in the school, distributed everywhere, enjoy your day" Amelia walked away after saying that.

I felt helpless and scared. I ran away, hiding myself from the questioning eyes of everyone. I didn't know when tears started flowing through my eyes. I ran out of the school building and went to its back side. That was my place about which no one knew and nobody came there.

I sat there and cried. I cried for hours.

Everything is over. Everyone will hate me. It wasn't suppose to come out like this. No!

I cried openly and then it stuck me that I was acting like a coward. I was running away from the truth.

Get a hold of yourself. You have been strong always. People, they never matter, Why should you care about them. Get up Emma! Face it. Show them their real place. They don't know about your story so they can't judge you. They have used you like trash. Everybody knows now. Let's finish what those bitches started.

I was boiling with anger. All my sorrow was replaced by rage. I got up and marched into the school building. Classes were over and everyone was leaving. I saw Amelia and Becky probably arguing. My blood was boiling.

Celia, Kyle and Zac rushed towards me and started asking me questions but I wasn't focused to hear them. I walked past them to where Amelia and Becky was. All students were already staring at me. I slapped Becky with full force and then I slapped Amelia.

She opened her mouth
"Don't Amelia, you better keep your filthy mouth shut" then I started clapping .

"Great job everyone! Great job in judging me just by one stupid piece of paper" I turned back to Amelia "you think I am a curse, I am bad, well those words describe you, you both just want to be like me, just because I have got your imaginary boyfriend as my friend and just because I got your crush too Becky, you both are pathetic, jealous and you think just because my parents abandoned me, I am worst?, you people are sick because of your selfish thinking ,I don't care what you people think about me, if someone has to love me they will love me and if you want to hate me that's because you don't have something that I have."

I walked to where Kyle, Celia and Zac were standing "I apologize, the truth wasn't suppose to come out like this, I was going to tell you but these jerks beat me to it, I know now things will change but you are free to make your decision, goodbye, I won't ever disturb you again, ever."

There was no response. The scene was too much for everyone to digest. I just walked out to get to my house. I dropped my stuff and immediately hurried to shower. I sat under it and kept thinking with tears streaming down my cheeks. But somehow it felt amazing. It seemed like all the pain was slowly going away with water. It was really soothing somehow.

No more hiding the stuff. Everyone knows it. I don't care, judge me the way you want haters, I don't give a damn. Come on Emma, only today, cry all you want but when you walk out don't cry for the same reason ever again.

I changed into my night suit. The lights of my house were dimmed and I turned on the stereo to such loud volume so that I couldn't hear even if someone shouted in my ear.

Bless you people for creating sad songs.

This atmosphere relaxed me. At 10pm, I lowered the volume and decided to call Carl. But I was afraid to touch my cellphone because it might be full of questions.

I took my laptop and contacted her
"Hey Carl, what's up? "

"Emma! you look like a dead person, what the heck is going on with you? Did someone do something bad to you? Are you ok? Are you.. "I interrupted her

"I am fine, I will be taking the scholarship exam soon to join Oxford, we'll be together Carl" I tried changing the topic.

"Emma, what's wrong? "she asked with so much emotion that I couldn't help crying.

"Carl, I can't take it, everyone knows about my family now, Becky helped Amelia ruin my life stating it that I was at fault for my parents abandoning me.. "

"Ssshhh, no my darling please don't cry, you know the truth and I know the truth, it's not your fault, people are judgemental, don't let their stupid criticism get you down, look up"she ordered me.

I looked up at the screen and then she continued "stay strong because I know you can, soon you'll be leaving that place and there won't be any more bad times I promise you my Scarlett, now I want your smile or I am visiting you right now in my bikini itself. "

That made me smile and I felt like a load was off my chest"I love you Carl, I won't be broken, thanks."

"That's the prettiest smile in the world and I love you the most in this world, bye and I will be always there for you" she waved at me.

I turned off the chat. I went to the kitchen and ate an apple. I was feeling much better now. Time really heals.
We get used to stuff by facing them boldly. I wondered what Zac, Kyle and Celia might be thinking but there was no going back. I hid it from them and it's crystal clear that they would be angry at me.

I was in deep thought when I received a mail in my laptop. I opened it. It was an audio sent by Carl. I listened to it and it was such a soothing song.
I kept listening to it until I fell asleep.

.....
Don't forget to vote.