Becky's substitute

A new day and here I am in front of my locker. I was looking for a pen in my locker when someone bumped into me. I stumbled but regained my balance.

"Sorry Emma I wasn't paying attention" Amelia said with a stupid smirk on her face. Zac was with her, clearly enjoying it.

"Oh, it was so unintentional move of your bf and you, I pity blind people like you" with those words I left for my class.

Morons.

We were all seated and again Kyle kept a seat for Zac beside me.

"Pass your assignments forward everyone" the teacher announced.

Shit! I haven't written my name.

I was fumbling in my bag for pen and when I found it, my assignment was gone.

Where did it vanish? What the hell?
When did alien invasion happen?

"Miss Scarlett, only you haven't submitted the assignment, this time even the unexpected student Zac submitted it, so what's the excuse?"
the teacher asked me.

"Umm.. by mistake I left it at home sir" I was so scared.

"You are a responsible girl but still your marks will be deducted, sit down"
I was so disturbed. I was figuring out what just happened.

"Thanks for the assignment Scarlett" Zac winked at me.

Oh my god!he wrote his name on my assignment. I want to murder this jerk.

I was really pissed. I removed my pen's cap and pinched him in the elbow with that.

"Ouch" that caught him off guard.

"Scarlett, detention for you, I saw what you did there" the teacher shouted.

I wasn't worried at least I hurt Zac. Many more events happened rest of the day like:
Amelia throwing her leftover lunch in my plate, Zac ranaway with my book that I had to return to library and I was fined for that, I was tripped by both of them twice though Zac didn't let me fall after tripping me.

Was he trying to get my attention?

My school life became hell again just like it was when Becky was around.
I was laughed at as I became a social clown for school.

In one of the classes, Zac again came to tease me.
"Hey Scarlett, you hurt me you know " he showed me his elbow where I pinched him with the pen

"Here!" I handed him a bandage.
"My pain can't be reduced with just one bandage" he pouted.

He's cute. No, Emma no.

I gave him ten more bandages. He just called me cute and left.

Finally during detention I was at peace. I was missing my aunt a lot today. I wanted to hug someone but I was so alone, nobody to hear me out.

I started doing my homework to divert myself. Suddenly the door banged open and in came the badass of our school Axel Black. I was staring at him

"What?  Only you can get detention " he said and he had a smirk on his face and then I realized I was caught again. I was singing, my hair wasn't in a bun and no glasses. I  quickly tried to grab them but Axel caught them. I thought of tying my hair but he held my hands too.

"Don't touch me" I yanked him away.

"Ok, but you will stay like this as long as you are here" he said with a playful smile.

"My detention is over, I am leaving" but he blocked my way.

"Your name or I won't let you leave " he looked in my eyes.

"Emma Scarlett" with that I pushed him away but he still caught my arm.

This creep.

Before he could do anything else, someone from behind me punched him in the face.

"Hands off, she's mine" there stood Zac glaring at Axel.

What? I am not yours Zac.

Axel just cursed and went away.

"Sorry, I didn't want you to get the detention, I told the teacher about the assignment and I hope you are not hurt" he looked really sorry for his actions.

"I don't understand you, it's like you're a different person when no one is around, thanks anyways but I hope we can remain strangers" I said.

"No, we can be friends, I mean. My pranks are harmless" he replied.

I took a deep breath "Listen Zac, I know you are not a bad person but I can't associate myself with people. I am cursed, I bring bad luck to others."

"What the hell? Who told you that? As far as I remember you bring happiness" he said genuinely.

"Well, Thanks but I don't know what to say" I smiled and left.

But before I left, all I saw was pain in his eyes as if he had been rejected.

......

Well this part is small and to the point, hope you guys aren't offended. Keep reading ;-)

Don't forget to vote, click on the star.