Chapter 38: Tomorrow, Nationals

Everyone is in the lounge when I enter the hotel room.

"Are you okay? What did the doctors say?" Tina said.

"I'm okay. I just have a bruised chest. I have to rub this stuff on it to help the bruising go down," I said and I pull out a little jar from my medicine bag. I walk into my room. I get changed into tights and a long-sleeve top. I hear a knock at the door. I open it and I see Ryder. I try to close the door, but he grabs the door and opens it wider. "What do you want now? And where is everyone?" I ask as I try to look behind Ryder.

"They're at the beach. Look, you were right. I'm always getting angry at you when you don't do anything wrong," he said and I look into my eyes.

"Why are you always angry?" I ask.

"I guess it's because I love you and I don't want anyone to have you." I smile.

"You're amazing. I can't believe a guy is doing this for me." I stare into his eyes and I kiss him. What started as a kiss, turns into a make out session. "Ryder?" I ask, catching my breath.

"Yeah?" He said as he sits up.

"I want you back so badly, but I don't deserve you," I said and I stand up from my bed.

"What? Em, you deserve someone that will spend the rest of their life with you," he said. He then stands up and puts his hands on my waist. "I'm going to ask you a question and I want you to answer me, okay?" I nod my head. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I smile at him. I nod my head while saying yes over and over again. I hug him. He then kisses me on the cheek.

"What's happening here guys?" Jake said.

"Hey Jake. I'm gonna go now because this is awkward. See you later babe," I said and I kiss him. I walk out of my room and into the bathroom. I open the little jar with the cream. I lift my shirt up and I rub the cream on my chest. The bruise is huge. Someone opens the door. I put my top down quickly, but not fast enough.

"Is that the bruise?" Ryder said and he walks over to me.

"Yeah, but I'm okay," I said and I spin around to face him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Are you doing anything tonight?"

"Dunno, why?"

"Because we're going out for dinner."

"Well, I would need to check my planner," I said with a smile and I pretend to hold a book. "I've got sleeping that starts at 9pm, but I can push that forward a few hours," I said with a smile. He smiles back.

"Great. Wear something formal. I'll pick you up at 8," he said and he kisses my cheek. He then leaves the bathroom. I sigh and I look in the mirror.

I can't believe that tomorrow, I'm going to be on a huge stage and singing in front of an enormous crowd. This is a dream come true.

I exit the bathroom and I enter the lounge. I grab my sheet music from the little table in the corner and I practise. I use my phone so I can play the song and to try and get the right notes.

"You'll be great. Don't worry." I turn around and I see Artie. I smile at him.

"Thanks Artie, but I need to get the notes right," I said and I flop down on the couch.

"Look, you're a great singer and you'll hit the notes perfectly," he said.

"Thanks Artie. You're amazing," I said and I hug him.

"I know I am," he said with a smile. "Hey, do you wanna go to the beach? Everyone else is there."

"Sure. I need to relax," I said and we leave the hotel room. I use the elevator with Artie. We then race to the beach. When we make it, everyone is in the water. I smile at their happy faces and I back away.