Chapter 29: Puck And Ryder Speaks

Puck Speaks

~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Dude, where's Emily?" I ask Jake when the movie finishes.

"I don't know," he said and he breaks eye contact with Marley.

"Marley, do you know?" I ask. He shakes her head. "Justin Bieber dude, have you seen Emily?" I ask when the dude walks into the lounge.

"My name's Ryder, and no, I haven't seen her. Marley told me she was in the bathroom at the start of the movie," he said.

"Oh no," I said and I put my hands to my face. "She's gone."

"What? We have to go and find her," Jake said.

"But...what about our moment together?" I hear Marley say.

"We'll continue later, but now, we need to find Gracie," Jake said and he opens the front door. We walk around the outside of the house, but she isn't here. "Look, it's Justin," Jake said. Ryder runs over to the dude and punches him in the face. I have to pull him off Justin so that he would stop hitting him.

"What the hell was that for?!" Justin said.

"Where's Gracie?" Jake said angrily.

"I don't know a Gracie," he said.

"Where's Emily?" Ryder said.

"She kicked me in the stomach and she ran off," he said.

Wow, she is a Puckerman.

"What direction, Punk?" I said and I let go of Ryder.

"That way." We run down the street, but we still can't find her.

"Look," Jake said and he points to something on the ground. It's a purse. "This is Gracie's," he said as he picks it up. We look through the purse. Her phone, wallet, and lipstick are in there. "She's been through here, but the question is, where is she?" Ryder said. I look at the cafe that is near by.

Hmm...that's strange...

"What are you looking at Puck?" Jake asks.

"It's just that Rachel goes to this cafe." Ryder looks at me. "Puck, you're a genius. Rachel is friends with Emily. You can call Rachel," he said. I smile at him and I grab my phone out. I dial Rachel's number:

Rachel: Hello?

Puck: Rachel? It's Puck.

Rachel: Hey Puck.

Puck: Is Emily-Grace there with you?

Rachel: Yeah, she is, but don't come. She doesn't feel like seeing anyone. I'll text you when it's a good time to pick her up. Okay?

Puck: Fine. I'll see you later.

Rachel: Bye.

"What did she say?" Ryder said.

"She said that she's there wiht her, but she also said that she'll text us when it is a good time to see her," I said.

"Well, I'm going to see her. Give me the address," Marley said.

"No. She's spending time with Rachel. She'll be fine."

"Yeah, but I need to talk to her."

"You can talk to her when she gets back," I said and she frowns. "Now, let's go home." Everyone hops in my car and I drive them home. We enter the house and I get a message from Rachel:

She is goin 2 stay the nite at my place so dont come ova :)

"Great," I said out loud by accident.

"What?" Ryder asks.

"She's staying with Rachel for the night," I said. He grabs his coat and he tries to leave through the front door, but I block his way.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"You can't go...without us," I said and Jake and Marley follows me out the house. We hop into the car again, and we head over to the apartment. "Here it is," I said when I pull over on the side of the road. Everyone runs out of the car and into the building. I follow after them. We run down the hallway and we finally get to the door to her apartment. I unlock it with my spare key. I open the door to find Rachel and Emily in the kitchen. Emily turns around and sees us.

"What are you doing here?" She said which makes Rachel turn around.

"Puck, I told you not to come," Rachel said and Emily storms off into Rachel's room. "Honestly Puck, what the hell?" Rachel said to me.

"We need to talk to her," Ryder said.

"Well, from what I've heard, she doesn't want to see you, you, you, or you," Rachel said as she points at everyone.

"I don't care," Ryder said and he walks past Rachel and into her room.

Ryder Speaks

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Emily? It's Ryder," I said through the door.

"Go away," she said, but I don't listen. I open the door and I find her on Rachel's bed, crying.

"Emily, are you okay?" I ask, trying to hug her. She swipes my hand away.

"Leave me alone. What part of 'go away' don't you understand?" She said and she walks over to the TV to turn it off.

"I'm sorry. Did I do something wrong?" I said. That was a mistake.

"Really? You don't remember what happened at Prom?"

"You getting hurt by Justin wasn't my fault..." She interrupts me.

"Are you playing dumb with me?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She rolls her eyes.

"What you did to Marley." I look at her confused. "You kissed Marley!"

"What?" I said and I then remember what happened.

 *Flashback starts*

"Thanks for dancing with me," Marley said.

"Well, you picked me," I replied.

"Now, swap partners again," the teacher said.

"No, let's just dance," Marley said.

"Alright." She places her head on my shoulder. "You're amazing and hot, so why are you going out with Emily?" Marley asks and she looks up at me.

"Because I love her," I reply.

"No you don't, you love me." She then kisses me. I push her away.

"What the hell?" I ask.

"Come on Ryder. You know deep inside that you love me more than you love Emily," she said.

"Now, go back to your original partner for your last dance," the teacher said.

"I gotta go and see Emily. You better go and find Jake," I said and I walk off.

"Ryder..." I hear her say.

*Flashback Ends*

"Look, she kissed me," I said to her. She rolls her eyes again.

"Why would she lie to me? She's one of my best friends," she said with her arms crossed.

"Oh, so you won't believe your boyfriend?" I said angrily.

"Not really because you kissed another girl!" She shout.

"Oh, so when someone else kisses me, you get pissed off at me. But, when you kissed Justin at Prom, I have to be calm," I said. Tears roll down her cheeks. "Babe, I'm so sorry," I said.

"You know what? I don't think we should go out anymore. I'm breaking up with you," she said and she walks into the bathroom.

I just stand there, speechless. I can't believe that this is happening.