Chapter 21: Prom Help

"Hey. Do you wanna do some poster designing with me?" I said when I approach Ryder.

"Sure. I'll meet you in the choir room," he said with a grin. I have a little giggle to myself. "What? Do I have stuff in my teeth?" He said worriedly.

"No. It's just your smile is one of the things that I love about you," I said and I go over to my locker (which is just across the hallway). He then walks over to me.

"One of the things? What else do you love about me?" He asks as he stares into my eyes.

"You know, your passion for Football, your singing voice, your dance moves, your kindness, and bunch of other stuff," I said as I stand straight in front of him.

"You're amazing as well. I love your laugh, your singing voice, your ability to paint, your strength to get through life, and the list goes on," Ryder said with his hands now wrapped around my waist. We're dangerously close when a no at all decides to come and destroy our moment.

"Guys, let's get to Glee Club," Jake said. I glare at him with anger.

"Fine," I said as I close my locker door.

Then, no at all number 2 decides to come and join the party.

"Hey loser. How's your wrist?" Justin said.

He didn't seem like his idiot self today.

"What do you want Justin?" I said angrily.

"Nothing. It's just that next time, your boyfriends won't be protecting you when you get hurt again," he said with an evil grin. When he walks away, I bang my head against my locker.

"His purpose in life is to destroy me just because I didn't obey him. That's great. Just great," I said with a sarcastic tone.

"It's alright Gracie. We will protect you," Jake said.

"But you can't protect me in English because there is no one in Glee Club in that class. Thanks, but no thanks. No matter how much you try to protect me, he will get to me and hurt me. Well, I better get ready to get put into Hospital again. See you later," I said with a sigh.

Ryder and Jake are so kind, but they can't be my bodyguards forever. I need to figure out how I'm going to survive English next period. I'll think about it in Glee Club.

"Hey Emily," Unique and Marley said. I smile at them.

"Hey guys," I said and I hug them while trying not to lose my balance. "Why were you guys waiting for me?" I said with big grin. They nod at each other.

"We were thinking that the three of us should perform something in the Auditorium to the Glee Club. It would be good practise for when you sing at Nationals. So, can you please sing with us, please?!" Marley said on her knees. I let out a sigh and I look at her with a smile.

"Of course," I said. Marley screams and hugs me. I see Jake and Ryder from the corner of my eye. "Let's go inside," I said. Unique nods and we enter with Marley still hugging me (which is hard to walk because I still have crutches). I sit at the bottom with Marley, Unique, and Artie.

"Alright everyone. This week, you have to get into groups of three and perform a song. Get into groups now," Mr Shue said while looking through some papers. Michaela and Rose then run over to me.

"Do you wanna go in a three?" Rose asks.

Before I can say anything, Marley grabs my arm and says, "Sorry, but she is with us." I look at Marley with confusion. Then I remember agreeing to perform with them. They must of been talking about that.