Chapter 20: Bad Week

"You wanted to see me Coach Sue,?" I said as I wheel over to her.

"Take a seat E," she said and I look at her concerned. I'm already sitting... "You're off the squad. You have held us up just because you decided to get into a fight and..."

"I didn't choose to get thrown around the courtyard. That psycho maniac just decided that it would be cool to do that," I interrupt her. "You were saying."

"Where was I? Oh yeah. Get out of my office!" she said. I leave her office.

"Hey. I heard you were sent to Sue's office. What happened?" Artie asks. I look up at him.

"She kicked me off the squad," I said with a sigh.

"It's okay. You still have us, the Glee Club," he said with a smile.

"Yeah. Thanks Artie," I said and I hug him. I tjen realise that my wrist hurts like mad. "Ow."

"Are you okay?" He said and he looks at my wrist.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just hurting a bit. I can use it to push my wheelchair, but I can't do anything else" I said.

"Alright. Come on, lets go to our lockers," he said, making a hand gesture. I smile and I follow him. We stop off at his locker first. He opens the door and I find photos of Glee Club from every year he was in it.

"That's cool. You know, the pictures of every year you have been in Glee Club," I said with a smile.

"Yeah. Do you want to stop off at your locker?" He asks.

"No thanks. I can't reach it and I've got my books for my next classes anyway," I said as we go off to class. "Bye," I said as he goes to his class. He waves goodbye before he turns a corner.

"Hey. I haven't talked to you in ages," Jake said.

"I know. You should communicate more," I said with a nod.

"Me? What about you?" He said with a surprised face.

"I don't socialise much. You know that," I said with a smile.

"I've heard what happened," he said with a sad tone in his voice.

"Yeah. I got kicked off the Cheerios. It sucks, but at least still with you guys," I said with a cheesy smile.

"That's a bummer, but that's not what I was meaning. I meant that you haven't been to your own house for months. Why haven't you?" He said with concern.

"I'm sick and tired of fighting with everyone. So, I'll just tell you." I take a deep breath. "The house reminds me too much of my mum so I just started to stay in a motel. Marley found out when she saw me wheeling down the street. So, she insisted that I stay at her place, and I've been there ever since," I finish and I stare at the floor.

"Oh, Gracie," he said and he kneels down to my level. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" He said while he grabs my good hand and holds it tight.

"You guys have done so much for me already, and I thought you didn't need to hear all of my problems," I said as I continue to stare at the ground.

"Gracie. Remember, you can tell me anything," he said and I nod. "Do you want to go home?"

"No. I'm not going back," I said while I shake my head.

"Alright," he said with a sigh "Come on. Let's get into class." He then pushes me to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are we going?" I ask with a smile.

"Wait and see," Jake said.

Yesterday, Jake said he was taking me to a special place. I have no idea where we're going.