Chapter 22: Prom Prep And Justin

I'm helping Blaine with the decorations for the Prom today. I'm painting the Eiffel Tower on a piece of cardboard.

"How's the painting going?" Blaine asks when he walks past.

"Great. Actually, I need to ask you something," I said and I put my paintbrush down.

"Sure," he said.

"Are we having the whole day off from school to help prep for Prom?" I ask with a smile.

"Yeah." A big smile spreads across my face. I then hug him tightly.

"Thank you," I said as I let go and I then try to balance on my crutches.

"You're welcome," he said and he walks off. When I start to paint again, my phone buzzes again for the fifth time in half an hour. It's Jake this time and not Ryder. They've been texting me saying 'are you alright' or 'why aren't you in class?' Now, this text says:

Hey. Y aren't u in class wif me? R u ok? Is Justin wif u?

I can't believe that my brother who is a Puckerman is over-protected. I then text him back saying:

No. I'm helpin Blaine decorate the gym for Prom. I will b out 4 the whole day. I'm busy so stop textin me!

I send that to Ryder as well. They both should get the message that they should stop texting me, otherwise I can't get this done. I let out a groan.

"What's wrong?" Blaine said when he passes by me.

"Nothing. It's just Ryder and Jake. I know they just want to protect me from Justin, but do they have to text me every 5 minutes asking me if I'm okay or if Justin is near me? It's just so annoying," I said to him and I then continue to paint which calms me down a bit.

"Those two are really sweet. They obviously want you safe and not to get hurt by that Justin dude again," Blaine said. He then sits next to me and starts to paint with me.

"I know and I love them for doing that, but I can they not text me every second when I'm not around them?" I said as I squirt more paint onto my palette. Blaine don't answer. He knows that he can't win this argument. "Thank you," I said.

"For what?" He asks.

"For letting me help you with the Prom prep and for talking to me," I said and I give him a hug.

"You're welcome. Now, continue painting so we can put up this masterpiece in the gym," he said when he pulls away from our hug. I nod and smile at him. I then continue to paint. The bell then rings for the next period. I smile when I realise that I just missed English and now, I'm missing Geometry. I finish painting the top of the Eiffel Tower and I then call Blaine over to show him the masterpiece. This mouth drops.

"This is amazing," he said and he tries to touch it but I stop him.

"It's still wet, so don't touch it yet," I said as I hold his wrist.

"This is just so amazing. You're going to be an artist," he said, still staring at the Eiffel Tower painting. I blush a little.

"Thanks. Is there anything else that needs to be painted?" I ask with a smile.

"We need a background picture for when we take the photos. Paint anything that is about Paris. Surprise me," he said and he walks over to some students who are hanging up some decorations. I smile and I pull my phone out. I then look through some pictures in Google Images that could be used for the background. I smile when I found the right one. I get my pencil out of my pocket and I start to draw on a piece of wood in front of me.

"What are you drawing?" I turn around to see Jake.

"What do you want Jake?" I said as I continue to draw.