Chapter 23: The Problem

I end up stopping at the Hospital. I walk around and I go to the wall that I painted on earlier in the year. I place my hand against the picture of my mum.

"I'm sorry mum. I'm so sorry," I said with a tear rolling down my cheeks. "I shouldn't have hurt him, otherwise he wouldn't have ruined all the Prom decorations and all of Blaine's work. I promise you that from now on, I won't hurt anyone. I promise." I sit on the ground and I lean against the painting.

"Hey, that's people's work. Oh, it's you Emily," Kelly said. I nod my head. "What are you doing here? Don't you have school?" She asks.

"This is the only place that feels like home, like I can connect to mum," I said. She walks over to me and hugs me.

"Oh Emily. Did you paint this?" She said, trying to change the subject. I nod. "It's amazing," she said.

"Thanks," I said.

"Hey, tell you what. I'll tell the school that I took you home and you didn't ditch, if you paint me something for me to put in my house," she said. I laugh and I nod my head.

"Sure." She then helps me up and we go to her car. She drives me back to school. "Wait, I don't want to go back now," I said.

"Well, that was the deal. I'll pick you up after school, okay?" She said and I hug her.

"Thank you so much," I said.

"You're welcome," she said and she letd go of me so we can get out of the car. We enter through the front doors and we go over to the receptions desk. "Sorry, but I took her home before because she didn't feel well, but now she feels better. I didn't sign her out because I didn't know how to, and she didn't either," Kelly said. The receptionist nods.

"I'll let this side for now. Principal Figgins actually wants to see you in his office," she said. I nod and I hug Kelly again. I then walk down the hallwsy. Everyone is staring at me, which makes me walk faster. I finally reach his office.

"You wanted to see me?" I said.

"Yes. I've heard that you trashed all of the Prom decorations in the gym after I told you that you weren't allowed to go," he said.

"What? I would never do that!" I said, standing up.

"Then why were you the only person in the gym?"

"I went there because I couldn't face Glee Club after what I did to Justin, so I went there to paint! I then saw that someone had destroyed all of our hard work!"

"That's not what Justin said."

"Who?" I said and Justin enters the room. "Forget it. Just suspend me for not doing anything wrong," I said with my arms crossed.

"Fine then. You're suspended and you're not allowed to perform at Nationals."

"Fine," I said and I exit the room. Justin then follows behind me.

"Now you are getting blamed for something that I did," he said with a smile.

"Congratulations. I knew you were too stupid to think of everything," I said.

"What?" He said with a mad look.

"Now, you can't torment me at school everyday. So, how are you gonna get through the day without me?" I said as I walk off. I can see on his face that he didn't think of that.

"Hey. What happened? I heard that you ruined the gym," Ryder said angrily.

"And you believe that?" I said. He doesn't respond. "I thought you were my friend. I thought we had something special, but apparently not. So, excuse me. I have to prepare for my suspension. Oh, and I'm not going to Nationals because apparently I destroyed all my hard work and Blaine's as well," I said as I walk away.

I can't believe he would believe that. Doesn't he trust me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What are you doing here?" Kelly asks when she opens her front door.

"I got suspended and I have nowhere else to go," I said.

"Sweetie, you can't be here. Why don't you go to your place?" She said as sweetly as she can. I let out a sigh.

"Okay. I just wanted to see you. Bye," I said as I wave goodbye. I then walk down the street all by myself...until now.

"Hey Gracie," Jake said.

"What do you want? Are you going to ask me why I did something that I didn't even do?" I said to him.

"No. I know you didn't do it because Justin confessed to destroying the gym and to bullying you," he said and I hug him.

"Oh my gosh. This is amazing. What about all the decorations?" I ask.

"We're going to repair every single thing." I hug him even tighter. He hugs me back.

"And the Prom and Nationals?"

"You're coming," he said.

"Oh, thank you for telling me this," I said.

"Anytime Gracie. Do you wanna come back to school?"

"Yeah. I actually want to walk there," I said as I hand him my crutches. He holds my waist so that I don't fall. I take a few steps forward. I smile. I continue to walk with Jake's hand on my waist. "Now, let me go. I wanna try an walk myself," I said and he lets go of me. I then walk by myself for a few steps before falling onto my back on the grass. I laugh.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah," I said and I pull him down so he's lying next to me. "You're the best brother in the world, well Puck counts as well," I said with a laugh. He smiles.

"I'm glad. You're pretty amazing yourself."

"Yeah right. A lot of stuff has happened this year that was horrible and you have been there for me. And Ryder."

Omg Ryder. I yelled at him. I need to apologise to him.

I quickly get up and Jake does too

"Where are you going?" He said and he grabs my waist.

"I gotta apologise to Ryder," I said as we hurry back to school. Jake opens the front doors and I run in. I see Ryder at his locker. "Ryder!" I shout. He turns around and he runs towards me. He grabs me before I fall.

"Are you okay?" He said, holding me in his muscular arms.

"I need to apologise for getting angry at you for no reason," I said as he helps me to my feet.

"You don't need to..."

I then interrupt him. "No, I do. You're amazing and you're always there for me, and what do I do? I be a total idiot and..." He then kisses me. I feel fireworks inside me. I don't know why I didn't see them before. But, what I do know is that this kiss is magical. When we pull away from each other and I smile at him. "Okay. I'll shut up now," I said with a smile. He smiles back.

"I want to ask you something," he said.

"Okay," I said with a big smile.

"Will you..."

"Come on, Glee Club wants to meet you in the gym," Jake said.
Ryder kisses me on the cheek and he walks off. I hit Jake on the arm. "What was that for?" He said.

"You interrupted our moment again. He was going to ask me something," I said. We then reach the gym. I open the door and I look around the room. Everything is fixed, even my Eiffel Tower painting that had bits of it cut off. "Oh my gosh. Everything is fixed," I said as I look around the room. This makes me so happy.

"Well, we thought we should show you," Blaine said.

"Wait. Are you off your crutches?" Artie asks. I look down and I see that I'm standing. Artie was the only one who noticed...until now. Everyone then stares at me.

"Oh yeah. I've been walking by myself for a little bit. I fell over a few times, but there was always someone there to help me," I said, looking at Jake and Ryder.

"That's great," Michaela and Rose said as they hug me.

"Alright everyone. Your guys performance will be done tomorrow," Finn said. I smile.

This is great. I'm going to sing with Marley and Unique tomorrow. It's going to be fun.