Chapter 26: Day Before Prom

I can't believe that Prom is tomorrow. I'm quite excited, but nervous as well because I'm going to sing in front of everyone at McKinley. I have the song ready. I just need to go over it with the girls.

"Hey beautiful," Ryder said when he meets me at my locker. I smile.

"Hey Ryder," I said with a smile before I kiss him.

"Do you want me to walk you to class?" He asks.

"Alright. You're so sweet," I said. I close my locker and I grab his hand. Everyone stares at us, but I don't care. I'm with the man that I love. We walk to Glee Club together. "Hey guys," I said as we enter the room. Everyone's eyes widen. "What?" I question.

"Are you and Ryder together now? It has taken you guys long enough," Tina said which makes some people laugh, including us.

"Yeah," I said as Ryder guide me to a seat.

"Hey everyone. I hope you have chosen your songs that you are going to sing at Prom?" Finn said and everyone cheer. I then place my head on Ryder's shoulder and he kisses my forehead. "I want everyone to go over their lines so that you know your words," Finn said. I kiss Ryder on the cheek and I then walk over to Michaela and Rose.

"Have you guys practised your parts?" Rose asks excitedly.

"Yep," I said with a smile. "Should we go through it one more time?" I ask. They nod and we get into position. We practise our song and our routine. Instead of going through it once, we went through it about 50 times. The bell rings for class. I wave goodbye to the two girls and I run up to Ryder.

"Hey beautiful. Do you want me to walk you to class?" Ryder asks sweetly.

"That would be lovely, babe," I said as he hold hands. We walk down the hallways of McKinley. We reach my Geometry class. I kiss him goodbye and I then enter my class. I run over to Jake happily.

"Hi Jake," I said with a big grin.

"Hey Gracie. You look really happy today," he said with a smile. I nod.

"Today is amazing so far. Oh, nevermind." My day gets ruined when I see Justin walk into the room. He then takes a seat.

Wait, he can't be in my class. No way. Not in this class as well!

I bang my head against the desk and I groan.

"Hey, it's okay. At least I'm in this class with you," Jake said with a soothing voice.

"Thanks," I said as I stare at him.

"Justin, you can sit over there," the teacher said and points at the empty seat in front of me.

Oh no. He can't sit anywhere near me. He just can't.

"Hey gorgeous," he said with a wink. I look at him confused

"What do you want Justin?" I said angrily.

"Nothing. You're beauty is all I need for today," he said and he turns around. I look at Jake who has the same confused look on his face as I do.

"Okay, what just happened?" I ask him.

"To tell you the truth, I have no idea," he said with a smile. I smile back.

"Hey, should we have a race on the PS3 when we get home? The winner gets $20?" I said with a big grin.

"You're on, but I just need to tell you that I'll definitely win."

"Bring it on," I said with a laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey you. What are you doing after school?" Justin said when I'm at my locker.