Chapter 34: Jake Speaks

Jake Speaks

~*~*~*~*~

Gracie has been in a coma for a few days now. I can't believe that someone as caring as her can go through so much hell in one year.

"Hey Jake. Can I go and visit Em with you after school?" Ryder asks.

"Sure dude," I said.

"Thanks. Hey, Jake?"

"Yeah?" I said and I turn around to face him.

"Are you okay with all of this?" Ryder asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"You just don't seem like it."

"Well, I am. So, can you get off my case about it?" I saod with a bit of anger in my voice.

"Sorry if this pisses you off, but you're not okay. I can tell. You know, Em is special to me too. She's one of the good ones."

"Yeah, she thought you were special, until Marley kissed you."

"You believe me?"

"Yeah, well, she came over the other day and she told me. I thought we could still go out after that. You know, let it pass. But, it didn't work out."

"Sorry man."

"It's alright. I gotta get to class. We'll meet at your locker after school, okay?" I said while walking down the hallway. He nods and he starts walking the other direction. I sigh.

I wish Gracie was here. She makes school not boring.

"Hey Jake. Any news about Emily?" I turn around and I see Rose and Michaela.

"No. I wish there was good news," I said.

"Don't worry Jake. It'll get better. I promise," Rose said and she hugs me.

"Thanks you two. I'll see you at Glee Club," I said and I wave goodbye to the two. I walk to Geometry. The class that I have with Gracie. This isn't going to be fun at all. I then see Justin entering that class.

Why did he get transferred into all of Gracie's classes except art? This seems a bit suspicious.

I enter the class and I sit at the back of the class. I put my headphones on and I listen to music for the whole lesson. I hear the bell ring (only just) and I sprint out of the classroom. I head for the choir room. I see Santana and she waves.

"Hey Santana," I said and I pull my headphones off.

"Hey. Look, I'm sorry for what happened to Emily. I know that Puck would be upset too," she said.

"Yeah. When he finds out." She grabs my arm.

"Hold up mini Puckerman. Have you told Puck?"

"He is out of town. He's coming back tomorrow. I'll tell him then," I said and I continue to walk to Glee Club. I open the door and I find everyone already inside.

"Hey everyone," Mr Shue said. "Do you have any news about Emily Jake?"

"No. She's still the same," I said and I look at the ground.

"Sorry Jake. Now, Nationals is in 2 weeks," Mr Shue said and everyone cheers. I take a seat.

"What about Gracie if she doesn't wake up in time?" I ask.

"Well, then. Marley will take her place. Now, let's hope Emily wakes up in time." I nod and I put my headphones back on. I grab my music sheet from my bag and I read through them. I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I take my headphones off and I look at Marley.