Chapter 5: Jake Speaks

Jake Speaks

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Gracie waves goodbye to us as she randomly walks off.

"How is she going to get home? Her house is like 30 minutes from here," Marley said.

"I don't know. Let's follow her," I said to Marley. She nods and she follows me.

We follow Gracie into the Hospital.

Why is she going in here?

She then takes the elevator to Level 5.

"Come on, we'll take the other elevator," I said to Marley who is already in the elevator. We then take it to Level 5.

When the elevator doors open, we check to see if we are close to Gracie. We then see her a few metres away. We exit the elevator and we hide behind one of the walls.

"Hello Emily. Are you visiting her this early at night?" The lady at the desk asks Gracie. She laughs a little and then nods. "Go right ahead." The lady points in a direction for Gracie to go. Marley and I walk down the hallway of the Hospital. Luckily, the lady at the desk didn't see us sneak past. We then see Gracie entering a room. We walk over to the room and we read the sign.

"Look, this room has Ms Ashley Madison in there," Marley said to me while pointing at the name.

The woman in there had the same last name as Gracie.

We quietly open the door a smudge so we can hear their conversation.

"Why, hello sweetheart," Ms Madison said.

"Hi mum. Sorry I'm late. I was painting the wall outside," Gracie said.

Wait, her mother is in Hospital? Why didn't she tell any of us?

"I'm glad that you came to visit me," Ms Madison said. I hear Gracie have a little laugh.

"I'm glad I did," Gracie said.

"Hey sweetheart. Can you sing again?"

"Of course I will," Gracie said. She then starts to sing a song.

Emily-Grace:

Dear Darlin', please excuse my writing.

I can't stop my hands from shaking cos I'm cold and alone tonight.

I miss you and nothing hurts like no you.

And no one understands what we went through.

It was short. It was sweet. We tried.

And if my words break through the wall and meet you at your door, all I

Could say is:

"Girl, I mean them all."

Dear Darlin', please excuse my writing.

I can't stop my hands from shaking cos I'm cold and alone tonight.

I miss you and nothing hurts like no you.

And no one understands what we went through.

It was short. It was sweet.

We tried.

We tried

Then, Marley and I walk in. Marley starts singing the song with Gracie.

Marley:

I understand where he's coming from

Gracie turns around and she starts to smile with tears in her eyes, both sadness and joy.