Chapter 108: Lost

*20 Minutes Earlier*

Joey: Thank God Meghan was okay with me leaving my car at her apartment. After this I'm too distressed to drive.

Shane: I'm so done with Lisa...

Joey: I don't know why I believed her, and not you.

Shane: You were overwhelmed by it.

Joey: You were wearing a different shirt that day from the one in the picture. How didn't I notice that.

Shane: I don't care about it. All I care about is that I told you the truth and you believed me.

Joey: No more drama. No more fights. I don't want either of us to get upset...

Shane: I promise. Avoid it.

That was short lived, because 20 minutes later...

Shane: MOM?!

Shane ran to his mom, who had collapsed on the floor. Joey stood behind Shane, and watched as he shook his mom in desperation for her to wake up.

Shane: Mom! Wake up!

Joey couldn't help. He didn't know what to do.

Shane: JOEY WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER?

Joey: I-I d-don't know...

Shane: There's something wrong! Call 911!

Joey pulled out his phone and dialled. 9-1-1. He hid off into the corner so he's be able to hear the operator clearer without hearing Shane.

9-1-1: 911 what's your emergency?

Joey: M-my boyfriends mom- she's lying on the g-round. She collapsed.

9-1-1: Did you watch her fall?

Joey could only imagine watching Teresa fall to the ground, being unable to do anything about it and Shane freaking out...like he was now.

9-1-1: Sir? Sir excuse me?

Joey: Uhhh.

9-1-1: Are you okay?

Joey: Yep...

9-1-1: Is she breathing?

Joey: I can't tell.

9-1-1: Could you check?

Joey: Sure.

I gave my phone to Shane while I checked to see if Teresa was breathing. I leant my head close to her chest to listen for a breath or even her heartbeat. I heard neither.

"Joey..." Shane said with a weakened voice. "She... she's..."

"Shhhh... it's going to be okay Shane." I reassured him. Really, I didn't know if she'd be okay.

*10 Minutes Later*

An ambulance pulled up outside the house. Shane stayed on the floor holding his mom tight. We didn't speak to each other, or communicate in any way. We just hung around in silence.  Two paramedics rushed into the room and took Shane away from his mom and told the both of us to step aside and let them take control.

Shane: Joey... I-I'm scared. What if-

Joey: Shane don't think that way.

We both watched as the paramedics put a mask over Teresa's mouth. "Only one of you can come in the ambulance with her" one of them told us. "Go Shane, I'll drive your car to the hospital." I said, with a sympathetic voice.

Shane: Oh- okay.

I followed Shane and the paramedics out to the ambulance. It was such an awful thing. To watch my fiancé climb into an ambulance with his mom.