Chapter 26: Sweet Dreams.

[Shane's POV]

We had been in the hospital now for around 3 hours with Joey. There was still no sign of him waking up anytime soon. Luke had fallen asleep next to Joey. Lucky him, I've been trying but every time I get close to drifting off, one of the doctors that had been monitoring Joey for the past couple of hours came into the room to check Joey's chart.

Shane: uhh, could you help me?

Doctor: What with?

Shane: I can't sleep! Too much things going through my head!

Doctor: I could give you a light sleeping pill?

Shane: That would be great! Thanks.

The doctor went to get me the pill, when he got back he told me to get comfortable and not fall asleep in an awkward position. So I grabbed a chair that was in the hallway outside Joey's room and used it to put my feet up. I took the pill then fell asleep within a couple minutes.

I was woken a few hours later by one of the machines making one long continuous beep. 3 nurses and 2 doctors came rushing into Joey's room. I started to panic as a nurse escorted me and Luke out of the room while the doctors were doing something with Joey. What were they doing to him! Was he okay!?

Shane: What's happening!

"I can't explain!"  The nurse told me as she ran straight back into the room. Me and Luke could see what was happening to Joey from the room window. I fell back onto a chair and burst into tears. Luke stood at the window biting his nails getting stressed. The two doctors were hooking up a defibrillator!

Luke: They have defibrillators!

Shane: W-what! What's wrong with him!! Why do they need a defibrillator!?

I hugged Luke, we cried into each other's shoulders. Was this really happening! Was Joey fighting for his life!

Luke: I-I have to t-tell Ingrid to come here! She should be here!

Shane: Tell her I said she has to come down here now!

Luke started texting, slowly as he couldn't see the keys on his phone because his eyes were loaded with tears!

I didn't want to text Joey's sister and tell her he was literally on the edge, I called her instead. Her phone was ringing for a while but she finally answered.

Nicole: Hello?

I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. I just froze up again, how could I tell her that her brother was fighting for his life.

Nicole: Hello? Shane?

Shane: J-Jo

Nicole: Joey?

Shane: J-Joey...

Nicole: Shane! What's going on!

Shane: Joey's f-fighting to stay a-alive...

Nicole: No! No!

Nicole broke down.

Nicole: I just landed in LA, when y-you told me he was in hospital I-I had to come! I'm coming right t-there now!

Shane: O-Okay...I'm staying h-here!

Nicole: Bye...

It was good that Joey's sister was coming, especially if he wouldn't pull through.   

The doctors were still in the room with Joey, the nurses were running back and forth from him. His body was motionless. There was no life in left in him.

Nicole arrived at the hospital around 5 minutes later. She gave me a hug, thanked me then ran straight to Joey's room window. She stood beside Luke and noticed him, she hugged him and cried onto him. Ingrid rushed into the hospital and sat next to me, comforting me.

Ingrid: He'll pull through!

I couldn't take those words in, how could she be sure? She wasn't! Nobody was sure at this point.

*3 minutes later*

The room had gotten calm. The nurses were crowded around Joey's bed. The doctor that had been monitoring Joey came out from the room and approached me, Luke, Ingrid and Nicole. We all shot up from the seats.

Doctor: I'm sorry

I cut him off.

Shane: IS HE OKAY!

The Doctor looked at me deeply.

Doctor: I'm sorry, he didn't make it...

NO! NOOOO! NO NO NO! JOEY! MY JOEY!

My body turned stiff, I couldn't move, my vision got blared and I couldn't see anyone. My leg's gave way and I fell to the floor.

*Wakes Up*

I woke up in crying my heart out. Luke must've heard me as he woke up to and walked over and sat beside me.

I looked at Joey's bed, he was there...still unconscious, but alive.

Luke: What's wrong!?

Shane: Joey? Alive?

Luke: Yes he's still here!

It was 9am and a doctor came in to check up on Joey again. He asked me did the pill work?

Shane: Yeah, well except I had a terrible nightmare!

Doctor: That happens... you being worried about Joey caused the nightmare. What happened in it?

Shane: J-Joey...died.

The doctor smiled at me.

Doctor: He's fine in real life.

It was just a dream.

__________________________________

Did anyone cry? Did I fool anyone? My heart is literally beating out of my freaking chest! It was so hard writing this without thinking about if it was real! Please vote,comment and follow me please! I will have the next part up shortly!

Gooooooodbye!

Follow me on twitter - Joey4Shane