Chapter 35

I woke up this morning with a bad feeling. I didn't know what it meant and the more I thought about it, the worst it got. It made my heart heavy and thunder against my ribcage, making me feel my pulse beat throughout my entire body. My hands were clammy and my eyes wondered every inch in every direction, just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Any little thing that happened, the sound of duffle bags dropping on the floor, doors opening and closing, toiletries falling down, zippers being zipped, made me jump and my heart drop to my stomach. I was on edge and I didn't know why. I just knew deep down something terrible was going to happen and I had no clue how to prevent whatever it was from happening.

"Hey, babe," Liam's voice startled me, making me jump out of my skin. "Sorry," he chuckled. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I quickly stood up from my bed and rushed to him, instantly wrapping my arms around him. Liam was taken back before he wrapped his arms tightly around me. "Babe, what's wrong?"

"I don't know," I mumbled to his chest.

"Did you take your meds?" I nodded. "Then you have nothing to worry about. You'll be fine. Remember, if you wake up, you can call me. I'll have my phone with me."

I shook my head. Liam held my face between his hands and forced me to look at him. I tightened my grip around his waist as I locked my eyes with him. His eyes were searching mine, trying to figure out what's wrong.

I bit my lip and let out a deep shaky breath. "Something feels wrong."

At my words, Liam immediately untangled my arms and looked me up and down, checking if something was wrong with me. I shook my head. "I'm fine. I just have a bad feeling and I can't shake if off... Like something bad is going to happen."

Liam sighed as he pulled me to his chest, placing his arms around me as he kissed my forehead. "Babe, are you sure it's not just nerves about the long drive?"

I shook my head. "I know the meds will work. That's not it."

"So what is it?"

"I don't know," I mumbled, wishing I knew the answer. My eyes were starting to feel heavy. I knew my meds were kicking in. I looked up and kissed Liam. One hand slid to the curve of his neck to deepen the kiss while the other ran through his hair. Liam pulled me closer, hardly leaving any space between us as he kissed me back with so much love and passion.

"I love you," I mumbled. "Okay, I love you, Liam." I felt my eyes dosing off. I tried to fight it, hoping to stay with Liam, hoping I could prevent whatever bad thing was coming.

"Babe, I love you too," he whispered in my ear. He slowly lifted me up bridal style. My head rested on his chest. The last thing I remember is Liam whispering, "everything is going to be fine."

***

"Y/N!" Someone yelled as they shook my shoulders.

"I need you to wake up," my shoulders shook again. My eyes peeked open, but immediately closed them due to the bright light. The voice didn't sound clear. It was hard to tell who it was as my eyes began to feel heavy again.

"Baby girl, I need you to wake up."

Baby girl. I knew only one person who called me by that name.

My eyes flew wide open, instantly seeing a worried Isaac in front of me. "Isaac? What's going on? Is this another memory dream?"

He shook his head. "Baby girl, I need you to wake up."

I looked at him completely confused. "I am awake."

"No, I need you to wake up. You're asleep. Open your eyes." He said panicky.