Chapter 23

Have you ever felt so content and at home? Looking around my empty, but soon to be busy bar, gave me that feeling, as if I'm home. I pictured the walls painted in a dark shade of red, giving it that mysterious look at night and only the light bulbs illuminating the place. I imagined booths against the walls and bar tables spread throughout the floor with matching bar stools for the bar. The bar would have shelves of the best alcohol. There would be a giant flat screen against the wall in front of the bar and smaller ones throughout the place; all showing different sports channels and games. It would look different from the P's Pubs in Paris, but it would still have the same essence. Everything about this bar feels right, the location, being a part of Jackson's hotel, and having it close to friends. It felt like home.

The sound of a car pulling up and turning off pulled me out of my thoughts.

"What the heck is this place?" Liam asked himself as he closed his car door.

I walked over to the entrance doors by the front of the bar. Liam turned around at the sound of the doors opening and seeing me. He looked so tired and exhausted. I knew he had a big game the day after tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised if he's been stressing himself out during practices. I'm hoping tonight would lighten things up for him.

"Hey," I smiled as he walked towards me. As he got closer, I picked up on his chemo signals, which were more off than usual. He seemed sad, stressed, and distracted all at once.

"Hi," he said softly as he strained a smile. He stood in front of me, shifting his weight from one foot to the other with his hands in his gym shorts.

I leaned in for a hug, wrapping my hands around his waist and resting my head against his chest. The sound of his thundering heart echoed through his chest and into my eardrum. Liam's muscles tensed up, but slowly relaxed as he finally caved in and hugged me back. The hug lasted longer than I expected as Liam held me tighter with each passing minute.

After a while, he let out a deep breath. I looked up and locked my eyes with his clouded sapphire eyes. I lifted my hand to his cheek. "Are you okay?"

He nodded. "I am now." He finally let go of me and I was suddenly greeted with a feeling I hadn't felt in a while, wanting to stay in his embrace forever.

"So... where are we?" He asked.

Right, I thought to myself as I pushed away my pervious thoughts and feelings as far as I possibly could.

I grabbed his hand, pulled him through the double doors, and into the bar. Liam took in the dim room that only had two sets of white Christmas lights hanging to illuminate the room, something I had until the electricians would come in. His eyes landed on a checkered picnic blanket in the middle of the floor with two boxes of pizza and a small cooler filled with beer inside.

Liam turned around with his eyebrows furrowed. "What's this?"

"Aside from Jackson, I wanted you to be the first to show you my new bar," I bit my lip nervously, not knowing how Liam would react to the news.

"Y/N..." He took in another glance at the room. "You're going to need to do a lot of work if you want some customers," he joked.

"No duh, Sherlock." I rolled my eyes, failing to fight back my smile. "Obviously this is going to be the bar," I stood behind the bar. "Up here is going to be a big flat screen," I pointed above me.

Liam walked over to the bar and leaned his elbows on the counter top. "To watch sports, right?"

I nodded with a hum. "And all of this," I waved my hand in front of the wall that would be replaced with shelves, "will display all of our alcohol."