Chapter 11

I rubbed the towel against my drenched hair as I exited the bathroom. My eyes immediately landed on my boyfriend of almost 2 years lying on his back on the bed. His arms and legs sprawled out on the king sized bed, completely shirtless and in his gym shorts, which hung very low. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, so content and happy, it tugged a smile on my lips.

My eyes landed on his hips, trailing up his perfect abs, and strong broad chest, making me bite my lower lip. It was hard to believe how much I loved that man and all his sexiness.

I tossed the towel on to the desk chair close by and slowly walked over to the bed. Without waking him up too much, I slowly crawled on the bed and hovered over him as I pressed my lips just above the hem of his shorts. My lips began to trail kisses up his abs, all the way up to his chest, across his collarbone, and ending at his neck, making Isaac hum with a smile on his perfect thin lips. My lips lingered on his sweet spot as Isaac's hand slipped into my hair, slightly massaging my scalp.

"I love you," I whispered against his neck, taking in his scent.

Isaac let out a deep sigh. "I'll never get tired of hearing that," I could practically hear the smile in his tone. "I love you too, baby girl," he pressed his lips against my forehead as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you for this weekend getaway to Deauville. I needed this. I hadn't been to a beach since before I left home," I began to trace random patterns against his bare chest. "Isaac, this entire weekend has been perfect. Being out in the sun, having the sand between my toes, and swimming in the perfect warm water, all while being with the perfect person, my perfect person." I smiled and looked up at Isaac, who immediately locked his eyes with mine.

Before I could get lost in his beautiful blue eyes, I whispered, "I don't think this weekend could get anymore perfect."

"I think I know how I can make it more perfect," he bit his lip.

I raised my eyebrow, questioning what he had in mind. Suddenly, I heard his heart racing, and picked up his chemo signals. He was nervous, and was on edge as his heart began to thunder loudly against his chest.

"Isaac-"

"I've been carrying something in my pocket for months, holding on to it for the perfect moment," My breath hitched at his words, immediately registering what he was talking about. We had always talked about getting married someday. We knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together; there were no questions or doubts about it. We knew in our hearts we'd spend eternity together. It was just a matter of time of waiting for him to pop the question.

"I need to get something from my luggage," Isaac slowly untangled himself from me.

"I thought you said you had it in your pocket," I teased.

"Well I put it away. I wasn't going to lose it at the beach," Isaac laughed. "I'll be right back."

I knew what he was going to do next because this didn't feel like a dream. It felt like déjà vu. Like I was having an out of body experience and re-watching a moment from my life right before my eyes. I knew he was going to pull out my princess cut diamond ring from his suitcase, then walk back into the room and get down on one knee as I sat down on the edge of the bed with my hand in his. Except, something in my chest changed. It wasn't a happy or tingle feeling from all the excitement or pure joy of happiness. It was heavy and painful, like something about this moment was going to change. Like I knew something terrible was going to happen.

I shook my head, "No. Isaac don't leave me," I quickly grabbed his wrist before he could leave to get the engagement ring in the luggage in the next room.