Chapter 32

As I got closer to the front door, I heard Liam's footsteps growing louder, almost rushing excitedly, like a puppy running towards the door knowing their owner was home. Before I could knock on the door, Liam flung the door wide open with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey babe, I was just about... to call you," his excited voice died down by the end of the sentence after seeing me not as thrilled as he was. "What's wrong?" His eyes averted to the box I had clutching tightly against my chest.

"We need to talk," I tightened my grip on the box. Liam's heart began to race and I realized I used the wrong set of words. "I mean, show you something. I need to show you something if that's alright with you."

Liam nodded and gestured me to come in. "Of course."

I walked to the living room and sat on the floor, placing the box in front of me. Liam sat next to me, waiting for me to explain myself. I placed my hand on the lid, ready to open it, but quickly changed my mind as I bit my lip.

"That's a pretty box," Liam broke the silence. I turned to look at him. He was curious what was in the box, but I had a feeling he knew what it was.

"Parker came home and brought it back to me," I sighed nervously.

"What is it?"

"It's my Isaac box," I whispered.

Liam sighed as he wrapped an arm around me. I leaned into and cuddled against him. I buried my face in his neck. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" He asked.

I took in his scent, the combination of his aftershave and body soap calming my nerves. I pulled back to look at him. "Isaac was a big part of my life, Liam."

"I know," he whispered softly, as he began playing with my hair.

"And I know this is probably rude, maybe even cruel, and definitely insensitive, but if it's alright with you, I'd like to show you what's inside the box." I looked into his eyes to see if any emotions would appear, hurt, anger, jealousy, but there wasn't. His eyes were just soft.

"You can ask me anything you want, tell me what you're thinking, or tell me when to stop if it's too much, because I don't want to cause you any pain, Liam. I just-" I stopped rambling as soon as Liam cupped my cheeks and looked deep into my eyes. He closed his eyes and leaned forward, pressing a soft and gentle kiss on my forehead.

"It's okay," he said. "I want to see. I want to know you. Let me in your past."

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh of relief. My hands trembled as they reached for the lid. Liam's hands rested on my shoulders, instantly relaxing my muscles.

When you have a box filled with memories, it's hard to open it because your instantly flooded with memories. When you touch, feel, smell, and see it, you'll want it back, and that absolutely terrified me, because I knew I couldn't get it back. Worst of all, I didn't want it anymore. I wanted Liam and somehow that made me feel worse, as if I didn't want Isaac anymore.

I opened the box, revealing different pictures and mementos. I scanned all the items briefly, wondering where to start first.

I pulled out a small jar with a corkscrew sealing the sand shut. I shook it a little bit and saw a small seashell. "This," I handed it to Liam, "was from when Isaac proposed."

"Where was this?" He asked.

"Deauville. It was the closest beach to Paris and it was the first time in the two years we had been together that we had a vacation. It was hard to get two whole weeks away from the bar and Isaac from Jackson's hotel."

Coming Home (Liam Dunbar x Reader - Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara