Chapter 17

"You got everything?" I asked Jackson on the phone as I grabbed my backpack and started tossing in my wallet, sunscreen, and a couple water bottles.

"Yeah," Jackson answered. "Parker and I got the posters and Isabella has the camera. We'll meet you there just as we planned."

I heard a car pulling up on the driveway. "Great! Isaac's home, I gotta go!" I hung up on Jackson before he could say goodbye as Isaac called out for me when he walked into the house.

"I'm coming, babe!" I yelled as I walked out of the master bedroom and towards the front door where I saw my husband in cargo shorts, a grey t-shirt, and a baseball cap with his sunglasses resting on top.

"Did you get everything?" I asked before pecking his lips for a quick kiss.

"Yes. I filled up the tank with gas, got more water bottles, and I had to go to three gas stations to get the beef jerky you wanted," he smiled as he cupped my cheeks and pulled me in for a kiss.

I poured every ounce of love I had for that man into the kiss. I had been craving beef jerky all week and he went above and beyond to bring me some because he loved me.

Isaac pulled back with his eyebrows pulled forward. "Are you okay, baby girl? You seem nervous."

I shook my head. "I'm fine." I lied, hoping he wouldn't notice. "I'm just so excited we're going to the happiest place on earth!" I beamed.

Isaac laughed. "I do know how much you love Disneyland." He grabbed my hand and pulled me out the front door. "So, let's go!"

After an hour of turning down almost every ride, Isaac knew something was up.

"Are you okay?" He placed his hand gently on my forehead.

"I'm perfectly fine." I pushed his hand away with a smile on my face, hoping he wouldn't catch my lie.

"Are you sure? Because all we have done so far is play games and shop in the stores." Isaac pointed out, eyeing me closely with a raised eyebrow.

"Anddd?" I asked nonchalantly.

"And you're always the first one rushing towards the rides," Isaac stopped me from walking by tugging on my hand. "So tell me what's wrong?"

I looked away from him and then down to my watch, I realized it was almost time to execute my plan.

"Let's go ride the Mad Tea Party!" I quickly grabbed Isaac's hand and pulled him towards the direction of the ride before he could protest.

"Now that's more like it," I could practically see Isaac's lips forming a wide smile as he spoke with such a cheerful tone.

Suddenly, people seemed to move slow as snails as they walked around the amusement park with wide eyes filled with excitement, debating where to go first. I on the other hand, was annoyed by these slow pokes as I was on a mission and the crowd was standing in my way.

"Whoa, baby girl! Where's the fire?" Isaac asked as I literally dragged him behind me to catch up with my pace, while apologizing to anyone I've bumped into in the process.

"We have to make it there on time." I blurted out.

"Baby, the ride isn't going anywhere. There's no rush," he tried to calm me down.

"You don't understand," I mumbled.

Isaac stopped me and pulled me in front of him to face him. "Baby, you're scaring me. You're pushing through the people like you're on a mission to get the greatest TV deal at Wal-Mart on Black Friday, and then you're radiating with so much anxiety and fear. Quite frankly, you're starting to scare me." Isaac placed his hands on my shoulders and motioned me to mirror his actions as he inhaled and exhaled, which I did. "Now tell me, what's going through that pretty mind of yours."

I looked away and noticed we were standing a few feet away from the Mad Tea Party. People had steered clear to read Jackson and Parker's huge signs in their hands. I looked to the opposite side and spotted Isabella with a camera ready in her hand and a thumbs up, signaling me the plan was all set and it was my turn to do my part.

Tears welled up in my eyes, making Isaac panic. I shook my head for him to know these were tears of joy. "Why don't you take a look?"

I turned him around to face the boys with black poster boards in white chalk lettering in their hands. Parker's sign read 'Dreams Do Come True!' in the Disney font style and Jackson's sign that read in big block letters, 'Mama's Due with Baby #1!'

I watched Isaac's eyes fill with more tears every time he reread the posters, which was at least five times. Finally, he turned around to face me. "Are you serious?!"

Isaac and I had been trying for a while and recently started not to plan for a pregnancy and just let it happen when fate would allow it. But every time we thought we were pregnant, the disappointment in Isaac's face showed me how badly he wanted to have a baby. The second I found out I was finally pregnant and the doctor told me I was 3 months pregnant, I had to tell Isaac. But instead I wanted to surprise him.

Unable to talk with a lump in my throat, I nodded.

"We're having a baby?" He asked with so much hope in his voice

I nodded again. "Yeah. Isaac, you're going to be a dad," I smiled.

"We're having a baby!" He shouted. He pulled me in for a hug without squeezing me so tight as the small crowd around us started applauding.

Isaac buried his head at the crook of my neck, instantly peppering it with soft wet kisses. I pulled his face up to me and he instantly captured my lips with his for a passionate kiss, tasting each other's tears in the process. He cupped my cheeks when he pulled away and looked directly into my eyes. "You have continued to make me the happiest man in the world. I love you so much."

I pulled him in once more for a kiss, my heart pounding more after every word he just said. This was it. This was my everything, and everything I ever wanted out of life, a man who continued to love me more each day and having a family with him.

I immediately sat up from my bed with my cheeks wet. I threw my legs over my bed and walked towards the guest bedroom. I slowly opened the door without making a sound and noticed Liam was lightly snoring. I tiptoed to the empty side of his bed and slowly climbed underneath the sheets. I took in a shaky breath before scooting closer to Liam.

Liam began to squirm and rolled over to his side facing me. It took him a couple of seconds to realize there was a crying girl in his bed. Liam's eyes immediately widened in fear, "what's wrong?"

"I had another dream," I sniffled before wiping my nose with the back of my hand. "Can I sleep with you again tonight?"

"Of course," he whispered as he wiped away the fallen tears on my cheeks. He scooted a little closer to me, trying to be there for me but also trying to keep his distance from me.

The hell with distance and giving each other the space we needed while trying to fix our friendship. I needed Liam. I needed to feel safe and not alone; something I hadn't felt in a long time.

I grabbed Liam's wrist as I rolled over to my side and curled his arm around my body and tucked his hand in mine to my chest. He hesitated before he pulled me into his chest and held me tighter. He held me with so much tenderness, reassuring me I'm safe as he comforted me in his arms until I feel into a deep slumber.

Author's Note: This photo is what inspired to help write the Disney baby announcement and I wanted to share it with y'all.