Chapter 33

"I think you picked out some really cool light fixtures for this place," Parker said as he admired the hanging lights above where each table or booth will be.

"Thanks," I stood behind the bar, watching him checking out what's been done so far.

"Smart choice on the color. It kind of reminds me a little bit of the first bar," he walked over towards me. I smiled as I pulled out a catalog from underneath the bar. Parker knocked on the wooden bar. "My favorite is definitely this handmade wooden bar top and how it has our bar name across it in big letters."

"That's my favorite too. Mason and Corey's company are doing a really good job. Corey suggested this bar top and had Mason's men do the work. I'm glad we hired them to do the bar and the hotel," I smiled at Parker. Mason owned a construction company and Corey was an interior designer. Corey looked over the construction company when Mason taught during the week. They were doing pretty well for themselves.

Parker hopped on the bar. "How about for old time sakes? Think of it as Christening for our new bar," he teased as he patted the empty space next to him.

I laughed, remembering how young and crazy we were when we had sex on the bar. I pushed him off the bar. "Keep dreaming, Parker. It's never going to happen again."

"You can't blame a guy for trying," he chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." A woman's voice startled both of us and snapped our heads to the open double doors at the entrance. Her black hair was loose in big curls to her shoulders. She wore a cute blue top and long shorts that reached just above her knees with a pair of flats. Besides the hair, she was far from the girl I remembered in high school with the badass wardrobe.

"Hayden," I stood up straight and walked around the bar. "Hi."

"Hayden?" Parker furrowed his eyebrows together, trying to remember where he might have heard that name. "Whoa!" Parker quickly stood in front of me, pushing me behind him. "The chick that attacked you and destroyed your dad's living room years ago?!" Parker's face looked like he was ready to take her down if she attacked me again.

I shook my head and grabbed Parker's arm. "It's okay. Parker!" I tugged his arm to look at me. "It's fine. Why don't you pick out some booths and bar tables, huh?" I grabbed the catalog I had left on top of the counter and shoved it to his chest. "Go make yourself busy on the rooftop or at one of the coffee shops around the corner. I don't want you listening in on our conversation."

Parker groaned, annoyed I wanted him to leave. On the way out of the bar, he gave Hayden a death glare, which only caused her to roll her eyes at him.

"Who's that?" Hayden asked seriously. "And does Liam know about him?"

It crossed my mind why she was so hostile. She must have heard Parker asking for sex on the bar and didn't know it was a joke. To anyone who didn't know Parker and me, it looked bad, especially to the mother of my boyfriend's daughters.

"That is my friend, Parker," I quickly explained to her. "Who also happens to be my business partner, and yes, Liam does know about him. He met him years ago in Paris."

Hayden nodded. "I just dropped off the girls at Liam's and I wanted to talk to you before I had to head back home. Liam said you'd be here."

"Umm, yeah. Do you want to sit on the bar? I don't exactly have tables or chairs yet." I offered.

She eyed the bar, a small excitement sparkled in her eyes. I smiled, knowing exactly what she was thinking. I hopped on the bar and patted the space next to me. "Come on, you know you want to."