Chapter 34 - Liam's POV

Note: Once again, pretend that's you in the GIF and not Hayden.

"Honey, can you help me take the stuff into the kitchen?" Mom asked me as dad, Y/N, and the girls walked over to the living room.

"Of course." I grabbed some of the dishes and followed mom into the kitchen where she was already grabbing Tupperware for the leftovers. "Where do you want me to put these?"

"Just leave them here on the counter, I'll deal with it in a bit." She quickly started putting the food away as I went to go clear the table. When I came back, everything was already put away and in the dishwasher. She turned around and gave me a huge smile as she walked over to hug me. I couldn't help but smile widely before hugging her back.

Tonight was a good night. Although Y/N has had dinner with us countless times before the girls were born, tonight was different, a good different. She came into this old house as my girl, not my best friend, and deep down I wanted that to happen from now on. I wanted her at all my family dinners. I want her at all our family vacations. I want her with me through it all, the highs and lows, the good and the bad. I want her by my side, holding hands every step of the way. I wanted her for the rest of my life.

A small sniffle echoed right next to my ear. Suddenly, I was aware of my mother's overwhelming emotions. I pulled back, with my arms still wrapped around her. Her eyes were glassy, filled with tears. I couldn't tell what was wrong. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I'm fine," she smiled.

"But you're crying... And you reek with so many emotions."

"I'll never get used to you being a werewolf," she chuckled. "Sweetheart, these are happy tears." I tilted my head a little to the side, completely confused. What was she happy about? Is it possible she's happy for the same reasons I was?

She grabbed my hands and held them tight. "You have no idea how long I've waited for the both of you to be happy. A small part of me was hoping maybe one day you two would get together but I never thought it would happen. She has been through so much."

"I know," I whispered.

She nodded her head. "I never thought she'd come back from that. She was in a really dark place."

I looked away from her and down to our hands. I couldn't look her in the eyes and see the pain clouded in them as she spoke about Y/N's darkest days.

"And you, I know since you came back from Paris, you've never been the same. You were a man with a broken heart and only one person could fix that."

I swallowed hard, knowing how right she was. I told her what happened when I came back from Paris. She saw me cry and mope around for months after. She noticed I never dated anyone serious since then, but found out I was having a friends with benefits relationship to try and get over Y/N. She saw me try to move on, but I never failed to notice the small sad look in her eyes, the one that wished my pain would go away and be happy again. I never noticed that she had been waiting for that moment as well. And now 18 years later that moment has finally happened, and her eyes were just as bright as mine.

"Follow me," she grabbed my hand and led me to her room. She closed the door behind her and pressed a button on the screen by the door, a song started playing in her room. "So the werewolves won't hear us."

I smiled and nodded, motioning her to go on.

"Do you love her?"

"Yes," I said without any hesitation. "More than you'll ever know."

"Is she someone you see yourself with getting-"

I knew the question and I knew the answer. I didn't hesitate to answer it as well. "Yes. She's definitely someone I see myself marrying."