31

Calum's POV

"So I was thinking that we could head down to the harbor to watch the fireworks tonight?" I suggest, "How's that sound?" 

I smile at Skyler who is currently editing photos from our last few shows. I managed to get her a job as the tour photographer, something she has always wanted to to do, and I have to say she's really outstanding at it. She looks up from the screen of her laptop and grins,

"Sounds good," She hums, too focused on her work to lift her eyes from the screen. I frown, but immediately come up with an idea when I begin to place delicate kisses along her jawline and whisper, 

"Remember when we were twelve, we ditched our families' party and ran to the harbor? We were tired of watching the fireworks from the T.V., so we took that old blanket and sat just outside the crowds together watching them." She suddenly turns her head and smiles, finally looking at me, and nodding,

"Yeah, and you would always grab my waist when a firework would go off to scare me," Skyler adds, setting her laptop aside,

"You left out the best part," I smirk, "Right when the clock hit midnight, I kissed your cheek and left you blushing mad." Earning a punch in the arm, I wince

"Was that really necessary?"

"I was not blushing mad!"

"Whatever you say, princess." 

She huffs, pushing herself from the couch and begins to head in the direction of the kitchen until I pull her onto my lap.

"Calum, stop!" Skyler whined, squirming in my hold.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop," I sigh, throwing my hands up in defeat, "But I won't promise that I'll stop doing this!" Her eyes widen before she can even begin to see what was happening, as I lunge forward, tickling her waist.

"Cal!" She squeals as I wrap my arms around her waist, and spin her around. Both of us in fits of laughter, we fall back on the couch, with Skyler still encircled in my arms letting out a fake groan as her weight falls on top of me. 

"You're so dramatic," She giggles before resting her head on my chest, are breaths falling into sync.

"I love you," I whisper kissing the top of her head, "More than you know."

"I love you too, Calum." She replies, tilting her head up and finding my lips.

"Hey guys, do you want to-- God damn it, not again!" Michael screams covering his eyes, "Can you guys just wait till midnight? Honestly, stop being so horny!"

"What do you want, Mikey?" I chuckle shaking my head in my friend's actions.

 "Well, I did came over to see if you wanted to ride over with me to Ashton's later today for his party but it looks like you have other plans."

"That would be great, Mikey," Skyler laughs, "What time are you heading over?"

"I'll come around 7:30-ish, sounds good?" He asks.

"Feels good," I snicker. Michael rolls his eyes,

"What do you see in this idiot?" 

Skyler's POV

As we sat there wrapped in a big, woven blanket, I couldn't help but think, what will happen now? I lift my head off Calum's shoulder and look at him.

"Calum?" 

"Hm?"

"What do you want for your birthday?" I ask knowing that it was in a matter of days and needed to figure out what to get for my almost twenty year old fiance. 

Fiance. 

Not my best friend or boyfriend, Calum was my fiance. I don't think I can get that through my head that after everything Calum and I have been through, we are getting married.

"I already have everything I want, Skyler," Calum breathed, "Well, at least now I do. You're everything that I've always wanted, Skyler, and I don't need a present to prove that." I smile cheekily, a blush growing on my face.

"Bummer, so I guess that means no birthday sex--" 

"What?" Calum's eyes widen, as he quickly says, "No, no, no! We can still do that!" 

"Calum, I'm kidding," I snort before leaving a kiss his cheek, and whispering, "Relax, babe, you'll get what you want." 

"Sky--" Calum let out a moan just thinking about it and I laugh, returning my head on his shoulder, "Do I really have to wait that long?"

"Depends, do you want your present early?" I bite my lip, Calum's eyes darken.

"Screw it." His lips latch to mine as the blanket falls off our shoulders on to the cold ground we're sitting on. Arms wrapped around my waist as I dig my nails into Calum's shoulders.

"Cal," I breath.

"Mmhm," He mumbles, trailing kisses along my neck.

"Not now, baby. Later, I promise, okay?" I take his face into my hands, and look straight into his puppy dog eyes, which are begging for more.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"God, I love you." He breathes as he wraps the fallen blanket back around us. Chants in the distance begin to grow,

"10."

"Skyler?"

"9."

"I promise that I'll be the cheesy husband who takes you on dates and candle lit dinners,"

"8."

"I promise that I'll be the one to hold your hair back when you're sick,"

"7."

"I promise that I'll watch every romance movie there is with you if that's what makes you happy,"

"6."

"I can't promise that I'll be the perfect husband,"

"5."

"But I'll sure as hell try to be,"

"4."

"I promise that you will never be alone, ever again,"

"3, 2, 1!"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" 

Calum cups his hands around my face and kisses me passionately as fireworks light up the sky. When we pull apart we look into each other's eyes, our foreheads resting on one another's.

"That definitely beat the kiss on the cheek," He laughs wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Those should be your vows," I joke poking him in the stomach, Calum smirks and kisses the side of my head.

"Trust me, my vows are going to be way better than that."

"Oh, I bet."

"They're even going to be way better then your's," He brags.

"Alright, Mr. Bigshot," I roll my eyes, returning my head to where it was on his shoulder.

"So about the the birthday sex..."

"Really, Calum?"

___________________________________________

Kinda a fun filler;) I like it

- Amber xx