25

Calum's POV

"Babe, you ready?" I call out to Skyler, watching her emerge a few seconds later with her bag slung across her shoulder.

"Whenever you are," She smiles as we intertwine our fingers together. We walk outside of the bus waiting for our ride to come when Michael drags himself out of the bus along with a very tired Luke and perky Ashton.

"It's too fucking early!" Michael groans, dropping down to the ground and leaning up against the bus wrapped in a Pokemon blanket.

"Oh come on, Mikey, it's only 5:00," Ashton exclaims.

"Too early," He mumbles as the van slowly pulls up a few feet away. I insist taking Skyler's bag as I throw mine in the back. She smiles tiredly, thanking me and pecking me on the lips before joining the other boys in the back of the car.

"Alright, Let's go home boys!" Ashton cheers followed by a chorus of tired agreement. The ride was a good half an hour to the airport, so in that time we pretty much all caught up on sleep. Skyler curls up to my side and kisses my cheek. I turn and smile down at her,

"You missed," I say wiggling my eyebrows. She rolls her eyes, giggling as she leans in to kiss my lips.

"We're here!" Michael yells just as we're about to close the space between us. Ashton smirks as Skyler and I mutter under our breath, cursing at Michael. I pull on my snapback and sunglasses along with the other guys and Skyler. Before we hop out, I pull one of my hoodies out for Skyler to wear and hand it her.

"What? It get's cold in airports and it is Winter if you haven't noticed," I say as she looks at me with her eyebrows raised.

"Alright, smart ass, I'll wear it but only because it smells like you," She smirks. I laugh pulling her closer to me by her waist as we walk into the airport to baggage check then through security. On the other side we say our goodbyes to Michael and Luke, since they're heading to Melbourne for an interview before heading to Sydney.

"See ya' later, you lovebirds," Michael teases, hugging the three of us.

"Bye Mikey, see you at Christmas, yeah?" He nods smiling.

"Alright, cool see you guys later, bye Luke," I say, pulling him in for a "bro" hug.

"Oi, mate! Too tight!" He jokes and pulls away looking towards Skyler, "Bye Skyler, see you three later!" He says turning and running to catch up with Michael, whose caught in the middle of a small group of fans.

We manage to get to our gate before we too also get bombarded by a few fans. Skyler steps to the side as Ash and I happily take pictures, saying hello to them and signing whatever they handed to us. Everything is going fine, until one speaks up,

"What are you doing with that bitch?" A short brunette scoffs, "I thought you would've just left her after the concert, but apparently you pity her too much." I see Skyler's eyes widen, but she doesn't run away, she stands her ground. My fists clench, my face beginning to burn.

"Yeah, I mean didn't she hook up with Luke?" Another girl, standing next to her spoke. The girls all laugh and look at me waiting for an answer.

"Did you even think that—"

"Shut up!," I finally snap, "Shut the hell up! She didn't do anything to deserve the shit you're saying about her so--"

"Ay, Calum. Come on, mate," Ashton steps in front of me, trying to calm me down, "I'll deal with them."

"Stop, just hold on a second," I push past Ashton and towards the group of girls.

"If you really consider yourself fans, wouldn't you want me to be happy? Can't you see that I am with Skyler?" The girls say nothing but drop their heads and quickly walk away. With that, I turn around and walk back to Skyler, my fists still clenched.

 Skyler takes a step towards me and wraps her arms around my waist. I hesitantly wrap mine around her before pulling her body into mine closely, my face buzzing into her neck as I can't help but choke out,

"I'm so sorry, Sky. You never should've heard that."

"Calum, honestly it hurts, but it could've been worse," She swallows, "I mean, I read the twitter comments, and see what they say about me on Instagram, but I don't care because they're not the ones in the relationship."

"You really think that?"

"Of course I do."

"I just thought that—"

"I would be like every other girl who would go cry by themselves all depressed?" As if she just read my mind, my eyes widen and she just laughs, "Come on Calum, you've known me long enough to know that isn't me." I chuckle

"I thought that you didn't care about the hate though?"

"It doesn't," I admit, "But I guess I just snapped when it became pointed at you." I look at the ground.

"Cal," She grabs my face, forcing me to look at her, "I'm never going to leave you. You're stuck with me, babe." I can't help but grin like an idiot, kissing Skyler softly  when the intercom echoes,

"Flight 3278; Sydney, Australia, now boarding." I throw an arm around her shoulder and guide us toward our gate and towards Ashton whose nearly jumping up and down.

"C'mon guys, let's go home!" 

____________________________________________

update dos XD

- Amber xx