29.2

Skyler's POV

"See you guys at New Year's!"

We all gathered outside to say our goodbyes to the boys and their families as the night slowly comes to an end.

"Bye, babe," Zoe beams, hugging me tightly, "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Z," I laugh, "Call me."

"I will."

"Don't get too crazy with Lucas now, you hear?" Calum says coming up from behind me and wrapping an arm around my waist. Slapping him in the chest, I scowl up at him as Zoe begins to blush, turning and hurrying up to where Luke is waiting for her.

~

When we're back inside, we return back to the couch in the position we were first in before the day even started and was joined by Joy shortly after.

"Alright, well I'm going to call it a night," She sighs, obviously tired from all the work she has done to get ready for tonight, "Good night, kids."

"Night, Mum," Calum yawns, kissing her cheek before she leaves, "Sleep well."

We didn't stay up much later after that, heading into Calum's room a few minutes after Joy went to bed and cuddling close to each other under the sheets.

"I love how close you are to my family," He whispers, "It makes me happy to see you with them, it's almost as if you're part of it."

"It wouldn't be like that if it weren't for you taking me in," I point out.

"Yeah, but I feel like you were always a big part of my life ever since you came into it." I lift my head off his chest, and look down at him, my hair falling just above his face.

"Do you ever think of something after all of this?" I ask, brushing the hair out of my face.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, after the tour ends. What's going to happen next? What's going to happen to us?" Calum sits up, leaning against his headboard and looks at me, his expression unreadable,

"Why are you worrying about this all of the sudden?"

"Because, Calum," I say, my voice raising, "I have no idea what's going to happen to us at the end of all of this and it scares me. It scares me so much."

"Sky--"

"I mean, do you even see a future with me in the next few years?"

"Why would you even ask that?" He exclaims, taken back by the question, "Of course I do!"

"Then where do you see us in five years, Calum?" Calum sighs, running a hand through his hair before pulling me onto his lap so I'm straddling his waist. He takes my hands in his and slowly runs his thumbs over my palms.

"I see," He pauses, thinking for a moment, "I see you and I traveling around the world, taking every little thing in. Eventually, we'll find this amazing place to settle down for a bit until I have to tour again." I smile, thinking about a secluded house somewhere close to a beach. Calum and I lying in each other's arms taking in the view.

"What else?" I ask intrigued, wanting him to continue.

"I see us chasing two beautiful kids, a boy and a girl, around the back of a stage cursing at ourselves for letting Michael watch over them," Calum grins at the thought, "And I then I see you." Calum nudges my nose with his, our lips meeting before he pulling away once more,

"I see you walking down the isle towards this smoking hot dude in a tux, wearing a dress that shows off all your curves," He smirks, nipping at my neck, "And we say our vows, laugh a bit, cry a lot. All leading up to the moment I slide this on your finger." My mouth opens to ask what he means, but instead my gaze is met with the sparkling piece of jewelry held in front of me.

"Calum--"

"Sky, will you marry me?"

______________________________________________________________

YES IT FINALLY HAPPENED!

(FANGIRLING SO HARD RN)

I hope you enjoyed both parts of the chapter;)

Remember to nominate my story, Beside You in the 5SOS Awards held by wachter123 under Calum fanfics <3 It would mean the world to me if you did:)

THE STORY IS ALMOST OVER, LESS THEN 10 CHAPTERS LEFT!

(Please don't be a silent reader, COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW)

- Amber xx