26

Skyler's POV

"Um, Calum, I don't feel so good. Maybe it's the jet lag or something?"  I say nervously, hugging my stomach.

"I probably shouldn't see your parents feeling like this—" I turn on my heal, about to walk down the sidewalk until Calum grabs my elbow, pulling me back towards his parent's house.

"Sky, you were fine when we left the airport. In fact, you were practically doing cartwheels on the way out," He laughs, as he fumbles to find the key to the door.

"Side effect?" I shrug, giving him a small smile.

"Relax, you know my parents already love you enough as it is. This should be no problem," He exclaims.

From the signs of it, no one seems to be home when we step inside and I look around. Everything looks exactly as if nothing has changed from when we left. From the furniture to decor, everything was in the same place as I remember it. 

"Look familiar?" I spin around to see Calum watching me as I look around the house.

"It's like we never left," I admit, "The last time I was here was the night you left." 

"I was thinking that too," He says, "But hey, no need to remember that right? Because we're together now, you and me." Calum kisses my forehead before walking into the living room.

"Oh my god, I've fucking missed this couch," Calum moans as he seems to sink more into the piece of furniture the more he makes himself comfortable,"Movie?" I nod, laughing,

"No chick flicks, please." 

"Well, we know which one we aren't going to watch," He huffs, putting the Notebook and Titanic to the side. Calum eventually slides a movie in and is about to settle back on the couch when he stops and heads into the kitchen instead. 

I listen to the sounds of containers and bags being pushed around when Calum cries,

"Yes!" I whip my head around to see what he's so happy about and my jaw drops, my lips curving into a wide grin.

"You know me so well," I say as he sits back down with the pack of sour patch kids. I reach over to grab a few but he swats my hand away.

"You think these are for you?" He jokes sarcastically, my jaw drops, appalled by his actions, "Babe, I'm kidding." 

I laugh at how easily he breaks and grab a hand full. Throughout the movie, we talk nonsense, attempt to throw the candy in our mouths, and steal a few kiss here and there, not really watching the movie. After debating on if the colors of the sour patch kids really taste like their flavors, I change the subject,

"So where's everybody at?" 

"I think my sister is at her friends house or something and my parents went to see my grandparents I think. But they said they would be back tomorrow afternoon. Why?"

"Just wondering..." I say, biting the heads off the candy.

"So does that mean we have the house to ourselves tonight then?" Calum's face lights up, jumping off the couch and pulling me off the couch and throwing me over his shoulder. He runs up the stairs two at a time, as I hold on tightly to his shoulders.

"I swear to god, if you drop me, I'm going to kill you, Calum." Setting me down in front of his bedroom door, he smirks,

"Aw, baby, you wouldn't kill this face."

"If I really wanted to I could--"

"God, just shut up, Davidson," Calum growls before smashing his lips to mine. Backing me into the door, he reaches behind me for the door handle and twists it open. As we fall into the doorway, he kicks the door shut and presses me back up against it.