18

Luke's POV

Six months.

It's been six months since Skyler joined us on tour and I can't help but feel pained by it. When she's with Calum, I want what he has. I want someone like Skyler in my arms. I want her.

Thinking it would clear some of my thoughts, I find myself in the middle of the soon to be filled arena and just yell out of frustration, tugging my hair. Ignoring some of the looks I receive from the stage hands I make my way out of the arena.

Across the street there are a few buildings; Diner, hair salon, bar...

My gaze locks on the small building.

One drink wouldn't hurt.

Just one...

10 minutes before soundcheck

Michael's POV (*gasp*)

"Where the hell is Luke?" Ash snaps when he bursts into the room.

"I have no idea," I let out a frustrated breath, knowing the other guitarist has been gone since the late afternoon, "But he better get his ass back here!" I flop down on the couch in the dressing room, watching Ashton as he begins to pace around the room. Calum and Skyler come in the room hand and hand shortly after.

"What's happening?" Calum asks concerned, "Where's Luke?"

"Well, isn't that the question of the evening?" Ashton mutters.

"Wait, what's going on?" Skyler pipes up making herself seen as she steps in front of Calum. Calum putting his hands on her waist.

"Luke's missing," I explain to them, "Gone. No one has seen him since lunch."

"He couldn't have gone far, right?" Skyler questions, "I mean, where would he go?" We shrug our shoulders.

A stage hand suddenly appears in the door way and scouts the room until he spots Calum, telling him he needs to come to get his mic set up.

"I don't think now is the best time," Calum begins to argue but is already dragged down the hall. I get up from the couch and mutter,

"Im going to get some air." Walking through the empty stairwells and hallways I soon realize that I'm not alone and come close to a tall figure sitting among the shadows against the wall.

"Luke?" The blonde's head snaps up and begins to struggle to stand up, almost falling over until I catch his arms, stabilizing his balance,

"Holy shit, man," I mutter resting him against the wall so he doesn't fall again, "What the hell happened?" I stare him right in the eyes.

"I just need to go clear my head a bit," He mumbles, his breath scented of alcohol.

"By getting drunk?" I yell, gripping him by his shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah." He squirms out of my grip and starts stumbling down the hall where I came from.

"Where the hell do you think you're going after all of that?" I throw my hands in the air and start to follow him.

"To do something I should've done a long time ago," He slurs and I stop in my tracks. What the hell is he-- My eyes widen,

"Shit!"

Skyler's POV

I'm laughing as Ashton struggles to find the head hole in his shirt when Michael runs into the room.

"Have you seen Luke?" He says out of breath.

"No, why? Did you find him?" I question.

"Oh, I found him," he pauses, "Drunk." Ashton's and I's mouths drop.

"And he's about to do something really stupid if we don't find him."

"What do you--"

"Where's Calum?" Michael asks looking around the room in a panic

"Sound check, why?"

"Shit, still?" Michael's eyes grow wide.

"Yeah. Michael what the hell is happ--"

"We need to go right now," He urges grabbing my hand and yanking me behind him, Ashton following a few steps behind. We run down the maze of halls behind stage until we finally find sound check.

I see Calum and let out a breath of relief. He's attaching the ear piece to his shirt, when I see Luke appear behind him.

I scream his name but it's too late. Luke kicks the back of his legs and Calum falls to the ground, hitting his head on the amp sitting behind him. Michael and Ashton lunge towards Luke trying to gain as much separation between the two boys as possible. I run over to Calum, dropping to the ground and cradling his head.

"She doesn't fucking deserve you!" Luke yells down at Calum as he struggles to break free in Michael and Ashton's grip. 

"Luke, you need to calm down, mate," Ashton says reptively but it doesn't seem to be of any help when Luke breaks away and wins once more at Calum.  Just before his fists connect with Calum's face I jump in front of my boyfriend's body and take the hit right in the jaw. I fall back on my back and hold my face as tears threaten to spill.

"Oh, hell no!" Michael spats, "I'm going to kill you, Hemmings!" Michael tackles Luke to the ground and pins his arms above his head as Ashton makes no hesitation to hold his legs. I roll over and grab Calum's body pulling it close to mine.

"Cal?" I whisper, "Calum?" I shake his arm. He's not waking up. 

"No, no, no, no," I panic, "He's not waking up! Calum, c'mon babe. Please wake up!" I'm crying now, my tears staining his dark grey shirt when a pair of arms lifts me away from his unconscious body.

"Skyler--"

"No!" I scream, "Let me stay with him!"

"Skyler, stop it!" Ashton says sternly from his tight hold around my body

"Ashton, put me down!" I demand as I see Calum's unconscious body being lifted away by the medics. I turn around looking at him desperately, "Please." Ashton sighs, shaking his head before pulling me into his embrace. 

"Come on, Sky. We gotta go."

I nod, knowing that as we follow the red and blue flashing lights of the ambulance, I would have to make a choice that could protect Calum but tear me apart.

______________________________

This took me a long time to edit, I don't know why but I just did not know how to get this chapter specifically the way I want it to be. So I might come back later and make some changes, but here it is for now:)

Enjoy

- Amber xx