21

Skyler's POV

"I'd do more than that, Skyler." The rasp of an Australian accent says from behind me. 

"Calum," My voice cracks, when I turn around to see him with his eyes barely open.  I rush to his bedside and throw my arms around the injured teen. Pulling away, he cups my cheek,

"You weren't waking up," I whimper, ""And I couldn't do anything to help you, Cal."

"Hey, you're okay, Sky. You're alright," He assures me, I nod as he brings my lips to his, "And besides, I'm awake now aren't I?

"Thank god," I mumble, "Calum, I--

"You don't have to say anything," He touches his forehead to mine, "Now, shut up and listen, I'm trying to share my inevitable love for you." I let out a small laugh and kiss his lips once more,

"Shit, Sky, you have no idea what kind of effect you have on me," He mumbles against my lips, until a cough from behind breaks us apart.

"Shit, Michael, you're still here?" I joke. I hear Calum groan and I realize that I just dug my elbow into his bruised ribs, "Crap. I'm sorry, Cal." Completely bypassing my apology, Calum's face brightens at the sound of his best friend's name.

"Michael!"

"Calum!" Michael pushes me out of the way before throwing his arms around his friend and my jaw drops.

"What the hell, Mike?" 

"Malum for life, bitch!" He yells as I throw him the middle finger and laugh.

"Woah, man, did you just call my girlfriend a bitch?" Calum stops Michael, looking him dead in the eyes.

"Um, I-- Well, umm I didn't--" Michael stuttered as his face paled.

"Mikey, I'm kidding, mate!" Calum laughs, "You should've seen yourself, it was funny as hell!" His laughs turn into small wheezes then deep breathes. I look at Calum and he's holding his ribs, wincing in pain.

"Jesus, Cal, take it easy," Michael directs, "You should rest buddy." Calum nods, as Michael adjusts his pillows behind his head before lying down.

"I'll be back, Calum," I tell him as I lean in the doorway, watching Michael interact with Calum.

"Okay, be quick though," Calum grins, winking at me. Michael rolls his eyes,

"You guys are disgusting, you know that?" He groans, "But I can't wait to see Luke get his ass kicked tomorrow."

"Michael, I don't think--"

"Wait," Calum stops the both of us, "What did Luke do?" Michael looks at me for help, but I shake my head as Calum waits for an explanation.

"Well? What the hell did that dumbs do now?" 

"He-he hit Skyler."

_______________________________________

Dang, I'm done lol