22

Calum's POV

"He-he hit Skyler," Michael looks down at the ground, his usually enthusiastic voice now quiet. I stiffen.

"He what?" I say, my tone growing with anger and confusion. The last thing I remember was Luke coming after me, not Skyler. Sitting up, I look at Skyler at the edge of the bed and reach an arm out pulling her closer. Without a hesitation she crawls toward me and straddles my waist. Taking my hands, I tilt her head gently to face me inspecting the swollen bruise along her jawline. 

"Wh-when did this happen?" I stutter not able to look away from her poor face.

"Right after you hit your head on the amp," She pauses, swallowing, "Luke got out of Michael and Ash's hold and tried to get at least one more strike in."

"That's when he threw the punch," Michael adds, " But before he could connect one with your face, Skyler jumped in front of you before it could touch you." Skyler looks down at the floor.

"You did that for me?" I ask looking straight into her deep, blue eyes. 

"Of course I would, Calum," Skyler says quietly, "I had to do something, watching you get beat up like that--It made me realize that no matter how much someone else loves me, I'll always come back to you."

I smile taking her face in my hands gently. Carefully, I lean in resting her forehead against my own.

"It will always be you, Cal." I couldn't help myself. About to close the space between us, someone barges through the room, flustered and out of breath.

Skyler's POV

"We have a slight problem.," Ashton rushes, out of breath.

"Jesus christ, what now?" Calum mutters frustratingly.

"Sorry to interrupt, buddy," He smirks.

"What is it, Ash?" I ask, getting up of of Calum and taking a few steps toward Ash.

"Well, you might want to come out here and see for yourself," He suggests rubbing the back of his neck. Calum begins to sit up, taking the blankets of his body when Ashton snaps,

"Not you, Cal."

"What? Why?" He whines.

"Calum, do you not see what condition you're in right now?" Ash motions to the hospital bed, "I'm glad you're okay and you want to see whats happening, but I really don't think you should." Ashton says, but the tone of his voice told me that there was no way he would be leaving this room.

"Calum, just listen to him," Michael groans, "Stop being stubborn."

"Fine," Cal grumbles, muttering many profanities as he lies back down. I walk up to his bedside, grabbing his hand and kiss his knuckles.

"I know how you feel, but I'll go see what's happening and come right back, okay?" I assure and he nods, before watching Ashton, Michael and I walk out of the room.

"I'll stay with Calum until you get back," Ash says before we could walk any further.

"You sure?" He nods. Spinning on my heels I walk side by side with Michael.

"Do you know what's up?" I ask, looking up at the colored haired boy. He shrugs,

"I know just as much as you do."

Awaiting what's around the corner of the plain, white waiting room we se none other than Liz Hemmings with her arms crossed as she scolds the son in front of her.

____________________________________

I start school tomorrow :{

- Amber xx