5

Skyler's POV

     "Come with me." 

     I stare at him like he's crazy, but he looks like he's never been more serious. "Come with me on tour." I shake my head,

     "Cal are you crazy? Can I even do that?"

     "I'll talk to management, I mean they have to say yes. They can't say no to this face," he says flashing a smile. I laugh.

     "I don't know, I mean whose going to watch over my house when I'm gone, or whose—"

     "Sky, right now you're just making excuses. You don't need to worry, and plus you don't even have to pay for anything because I will." I stare at him. "Whatever you want, Sky, it's on me."

     "There's something I haven't told you!" I blurted out. He stops and stares at me.

     "Wh-What do you mean?" He stutters, nervously.

     "Calum, look at me," I say taking his face in my hands.

     "I've never stopped," He says truthfully, I give him a small smile.

     "When you left, a lot changed." I swallow, unable to look at him. He takes my hands and rubs them lightly.

     "Sky, your my best friend, you can tell me anything."

     "I know, I know. It's just I haven't had a friend to talk to in 4 years," I sigh, picking at my nails.

     "I'm here now Skyler, and this time I'm not leaving unless if it's with you," Calum replies softly, tilting my chin up with his index finger and kissing me softly. Butterflies erupt in my stomach but soon fade as I pull away and nod my head,

     "Okay," I say quietly trying to hold back the tears, "When you left, I was a mess. I couldn't stand the thought of you not coming back. I was crying myself to sleep night after night, and sometimes I didn't sleep at all. I was getting nightmares again, Calum," I admit looking him in his wide, brown eyes that were filled with regret and longing.

     "Skyler--"

    "You always came for me in the middle of the night, do you remember that? You would climb up onto my balcony whenever you heard my screams," I laugh with tears staining my cheeks.

    "How can I forget? It was probably my favorite thing to do. And on the nights I couldn't hear you, I would run to your house just to make sure you were alright. Anything to protect my girl," He rubs my back assuringly as I bite my lip, and nod.

     "So," I continue, "The nightmares kept getting worse and worse. They were so real , Calum. I couldn't take it so..." I close my eyes not wanting any more tears to come.

     "Sky, please don't tell me," He whispers, his eyes watering, "Baby girl, please." He already knew the answer. He buries his face in my hair like the day he left.

     "Why? Skyler why didn't you tell me? I was a phone call away, you knew that. I would always pick up if it were you!" He cries. I pull him into me, his arm wrapped around my waste and his other hand stroking my hair. "Let me see, please Sky," Calum demands, I hesitate, "I need to see how many times you've done it." I slowly give him my wrists, and he takes them. Pushing the sleeves of my shirt up, he looks at both of them and back up at me.

     "5 times, on each wrist?" He mumbles in disbelief, and I nod once more. Taking my wrists, he gently kisses each of the scars made, "Why can't you see that I'm here for you even when I'm not?" He whispers.

     "I don't know how I would live without you, Calum Hood," I admit, smiling through my tears. He takes my hand and pulls me up so we're standing then takes my arms and place them around his neck as his hands go down to my waste.

     "I would go to hell and back for you Skyler Davidson, just to tell you one thing I should've said a long time ago."

     "And what's that?"

     "That I lo— don't think I could ever live without you either." I rest my head on his chest as we begin to gently sway back and forth.

     "Kiss me, Kiss me, Kiss me, and tell me that I'll see you again," Cal sings softly into my ear as we dance, "Cause I don't know, if I can let you go." He stops and looks down at me, and I look back up at him.

     "Cal, what are you thinking about?" I question him, concerned.

     "Come on." He holds his hand out and I take it. He leads me up to my room, and walks into the dark space. Turning around, he pulls me close to his body.

"So?"

"So..."

"Will you come with me?"

"Well," I sigh, dramatically, "I guess I have to start packing."

"C'mon, Skyler! You would have so much fun— Wait... Was that a yes or a no?" I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly,

"No, Calum, I'm packing to go to fucking Africa," I exclaim sarcastically, "Of course I'm coming!" Before I could say anything else, I am lifted off the ground

"Calum what are we? I mean—" Then he cuts me off by kissing me. So this is why he didn't kiss me down stairs, I thought to myself, well played Calum. He traces my bottom lip with his tongue wanting to deepen the kiss and I let him. We fall back onto the bed and soon enough he slips his shirt off and goes back to kissing me again.

"I can't explain how happy you make me, Sky." He says out of breath.

"I could say they same about you, Cal-Pal."

We fall asleep in each other's arms that night. Just like we used to before he left. Cal's muscular arms wrap around my waist, my back facing him. Just before he dozes of he plants kisses all the way down my neck. But just before he plants a kiss on my lips he murmurs,

"No more years apart. I'm not leaving you again."