29.1

Christmas Eve 5:33 p.m.

Calum's POV

    "Kids, we're back!" My mom said in a sing-song voice, as her and my dad walk into the kitchen carrying the load of groceries.

    "Hey, guys," I reply, cuddled up on on the couch with Skyler as we watch Home Alone.

    "Who made cookies?" My mum gasps looking around the kitchen at all the baked goods.

    "Well, looking over them, they aren't burnt or falling apart," My dad examines, "So it obviously wasn't Calum." Skyler snorts as I send them an appalled look,

"Hey!"

    "We're just messing with you, bud," My dad chuckles coming over and ruffling my hair, "Thank you, Skyler, everything smells delicious."

    "Not a problem, David," Skyler replies with a smile. She grabs her phone pressing the home button, looking at the time she stands up, presses a kiss to my cheek and whispers, "I'm going to go get ready."

    "Fine," I groan pecking her on the lips, "But don't take too long, I miss you already!" I call after her as she goes up the stairs. Turning back to face the screen, I see Mali smirking at me.

    "What?"

    "You're so whipped," She scoffs as she begins to walk down the hallway. My jaw drops,

    "Am not!"

    "Whipped!"

Christmas Eve 7:28 p.m.

I don't button the last button of my charcoal grey button up, knowing that I would feel the nerves suffocating me slowly as the time comes closer. After managing to pull up my black skinny jeans, I slide on my vans when my door creeks open slightly,

    "Cal," She speaks softly, "You in here?"

"Yeah," I say standing up from my bed to greet her, "What's up, baby?"

    "I wanted to see if you could help me with my necklace. Are you okay?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

    "Oh, yeah," I say playing it off, "Yeah, you just scared me that's all."

    "Okay..."

    "Here," I motion her forward as she hands the necklace I gave her to me. She turns around and pulls her hair to the side as I raise the necklace over her head and clasp it behind her neck,

"You look beautiful." I whisper into her neck, her off shouldered, cream sweater allowing me to leave a trail of kisses on the exposed skin of her neck and shoulder.

"I'm just wearing a sweater and leggings, Cal," She points out, then adds, "And converse. I'm pretty sure this isn't exactly the best party attire."

"I actually think you look better in nothing but hey, you don't see me complaining." She smiles, unable to hold back a laugh and wraps her arms around my neck, going on her toes to kiss me.

    "I love you," Skyler whispers against my lips.

    "I love you too, Sky, more than you know," I kiss her one last time before suggesting,

"We should probably head down stairs." Skyler nods about to turn and leave until I pull her back into my arms,

"Or we could just stay up here the rest of the night and--"

    "You're such a dork," She laughs taking my hand in hers and walking out of the room, downstairs to our friends and family.

Christmas Eve 8:01 p.m.