I've Got the Eye of the Tiger

AN: So I decided to do a short chapter to hold all you readers over until I can finish Perry 2.0. But this chapter is going to be a little different…its revolving around a song. Not all of my own chapters will be like this. I just thought of doing something different.

Many people might not have known this but back when I started high school, I was a push over. People would walk all over me and I would let them just to fit in. Most of the time, I was made fun of and I hated it. I was quiet and shy and held my tongue when I would see others being bullied in fear that I would be next. But then I put my foot down and stood up against my own fears. Who cares what other people think of me? So I changed over the summer…

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath

Scared to rock the boat and make a mess

So I sat quietly, agreed politely

I guess that I forgot I had a choice

I let you push me past the breaking point

I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

Then I met the Davenport’s after my whole transition. I didn’t feel lonely anymore. I was loved and accepted by amazing people with amazing abilities.

You held me down, but I got up

Already brushing off the dust

You hear my voice, you hear that sound

Like thunder gonna shake the ground

You held me down, but I got up

Get ready cause I’ve had enough

I see it all, I see it now

People began seeing me in a new light as I walked down the halls. Sometimes I would be surprised when I caught a couple guys checking me out. I would never tell Chase that. He would freak out over it.

Speaking of said boyfriend, I spotted him talking to his step brother Leo and I smiled before placing my hands over his eyes “Guess who?”

Chase laughed before turning around and kissing me on the lips “There you are,” he smiled and Leo groaned while walking away. I could hear him faintly mutter something about how gross PDA was.

“Here I am,” I replied back “How’s your day been?”

“Not bad,” Chase said kissing me one more time “I got an A plus on my Chemistry test we had a few days ago so I’m pretty happy about that.”

“You know how unfair that is? I got a B plus but it’s still not fair. You have your bionics as an advantage,” I whined before smiling and kissing his nose “You’re smarter than everyone in this school…including the teachers.”

Chase chuckled “You’re not wrong.”

Principal Perry strode by in her hideous pant suit “You know Davis? Sometimes I forget you were a loser a couple years ago. Boy does time fly fast.”

I frowned when she called me a loser. I know it’s all in the past but it still hurts to be reminded of something that causes you a lot of pain. Sometimes when I’m alone in my room, I think back to the days where my only friends were a couple of books.

Chase looked down at me “What is she talking about?”

Principal Perry chuckled before walking away “Baby, what is Perry talking about? Why did she call you a loser?”