A Girl Worth It All

AN: So here is part dos of my own creation. Hope you all like it.

After weeks of being in the hospital, I had a pile of flowers, balloons, get well cards and Teddy Bears stacked in the corner of my hospital room. I didn't know that many people cared about me. Well, I think, most of the gifts were from the Davenports. But after being stuck in a place where sad things happen, I had enough of it. So when the day came when I was discharged from the hospital, a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. Finally! No more screaming patients, no more sickening hospital food and definitely no more of that bleach smell. I don't know how many times I almost felt nauseous breathing in the fumes.

My dad brought me my phone which had tons of text messages from family members asking if I was alright. I didn't bother replying due to the fact that it would take me all day to get to them all. But one text message stood out to me and I smiled.

I love you. ~Chase

Inside I felt so giddy. Who knew that one simple text message could make me feel like nothing bad ever happened in the last couple of weeks. I texted him back:

I love you too. Thank you for saving my life Chase.~Katie

Not moments later I got a reply back as I took a seat in the passenger side of my dad's pick up truck. All of my gifts were stashed safely in the back seat.

I don't know what I would have done if we hadn't been there in time. You mean everything to me Katie and if I lost you in any way...I don't know what I'd do.~ Chase

I rolled the window down and took a deep breath trying to slow down my heartbeat. Chase knew how to make me fall more in love with him without even realizing he was doing it.

Don't think about what could have happened baby. I'm alive and healthy and I have you and your siblings to thank. Besides, you're never going to lose me Chase. You mean as much to me as I do to you.~ Katie

I pressed send as dad pulled into the driveway. My hear sped up when I saw Chase standing on our doorstep. Was he waiting for me all this time?

I opened the door and ran up the stairs and I almost knocked him over in a hug. Chase lauged as his arms circlied around me "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to see how you were doing. Plus I was wondering if you were willing to come over."

I nodded as Chase took his hand in mine and pulled me down the sidewalk. I looked back at my dad "I'm going to the Davenport's house. Call if you need me!"

When we got to the Davenport's house, I could hear a commotion from behind the door and I looked to Chase "What's going on?"

Chase shook his head and banged on the door, which I thought was really weird considering we were outside, all comotion stopped and Chase turned the knob. What was going on?

When the door opened, Adam, Bree, Leo, Mr. Davenport and Tasha popped up out of their hiding places and I jumped in shock. Above them all was a banner that said 'Welcome Home Katie!' in purple and green and there were balloons everywhere. All of a sudden several groups of kids from our school pooled through the Davenport's living room and the music started up.

"We thought you deserved this after spending that much time in a hospital bed." Chase replied and I kissed him softly.

"This is amazing Chase. Thank you."

Bree skipped her way over to us and hugged me tightly "I was about to go insane without you here all the time. With you gone, I'm the only girl and I absolutly hate that." she rushed. It was hard for me to put her words together because of how loud the music was. I was surprised I figured out what she was saying.

"How did you get Davenport to let you have such a party?" I asked them and Bree shrugged while Tasha came over to us and hugged me tightly.

"We didn't have to try so hard. We all figured you were worth it."

Adam was the last bionic to embrace me in a bone crushing hug "Katie!!!!"

"Adam! Let my girlfriend go! You're crushing her." Chase yelled over the music and pulled me out of Adam's arms and into his.

Throughout the party I stayed with Chase and Bree as we talked to many of the guests. I knew pretty much everyone because I some sort of class with each of them and each of them said the same thing. 'I'm glad you're okay Katie', 'Class was not going to be the same without you' and the most famous one 'Hope you feel better'.

It was annoying really.

When the party died down and everyone left, it was just the Davenport's and I.

I helped them with the cleanup "Thank you so much for this. You didn't need to go through all this trouble."

"Actually," Mr. Davenport spoke up "we wanted to say thank you. Katie, since Adam, Bree and Chase enrolled at Mission Creek and you found out about their bionics, you have been extremely loyal to us. You've kept their bionics a secrets, been there when all the craziness has happend and you've made a huge impact on each of our lives. And for that we can't thank you enough." I was shocked. I didn't expect such a speech to come out of Mr. Davenport's mouth "And we consider you to be one of us...a Davenport."

I looked at each of them and smiled "You mean that?" I asked quietly.

Chase came over to me and kissed my temple "We totally mean it. You gave Leo a smack in reality, you gave Bree her first best friend, you made Mr. Davenport actually like an outsider, you made Adam feel wanted, and you made me believe I could fall in love."

AN: Sorry it's short. Comment and vote please!