Memory Wipe

AN: I just want to say how sorry I am for not keeping up with the episodes! Hopefully I can get my act together soon!

Breaking curfew is not a fun thing to do, especially when your parents catch you in the act. Now I know you all are probably thinking that I did get caught but fortunately for me, I went home right before my curfew at eleven. The Davenport’s on the other hand got caught and was grounded. I know this because Chase called me that night and told me he couldn’t use his cell phone for three weeks. I laughed when he told me so. But then I realized I couldn’t hang out with them for three weeks.

“What am I gonna do?” I told Chase over the phone “It gets so lonely and boring without you guys.”

“Maybe I can convince Mr. Davenport…” Chase was cut off “Hey! I’m almost done talking to Katie!”

There was a rustling sounds coming from the other end “Hey Katie, its Mr. Davenport. Chase can’t really talk right now because he is grounded but I am willing to let you come over for a couple hours.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Technically you’re like a daughter to me and you live here most of the time anyways so…”

“Thank you Mr. Davenport,” I was going to say something else but Mr. Davenport hung up on me “How rude.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I went down to the lab to find Leo, Adam, Bree and Chase playing cards. I stopped to listen to their conversation.

“I hate being grounded;” Adam complained “Is the three weeks over yet?”

“It hasn’t even been a day,” Bree told him.

“I miss Katie,” Chase whined and I smiled.

Silently I snuck up behind him and jumped on his back “I missed you too!” I said and then kissed his cheek.

Chase squealed like a little girl all while falling off his stool. Everyone else started laughing while Chase quickly got off the floor “I am alright. Thanks for asking.”

“Sorry,” I laughed “I couldn’t help myself.”

Chase eventually smiled back down at me before pulling another stool next to him and I sat down. Bree dealt me a set of cards and we played another game.

It wasn’t before long when Mr. Davenport came running into the lab “Guys! Guys! I did it! I did it! I finally did it!”

“Graduated to big boy shoes!” Leo joked and I hid my smile behind my stack of cards.

“No. I finally achieved something I have wanted my whole life. I won the Presidential medal for scientific achievement!”

“That’s great,” Chase replied.

“I think I got one of those for doing pull ups in gym class,” Adam said looking at his backwards cards. I don’t think he realizes that he’s looking at the back of them instead of the front of the cards.

“I don’t think so,” Mr. Davenport said.

“Oh, yeah, you’re right. It was pushups.”

“This is the highest honor a scientist can receive,” Mr. Davenport told us “My pictures gonna be plastered online and offline. If there’s a line, my face is gonna be on it.”

“Congratulations Mr. Davenport,” I replied looking down at my set.

“What’d you win it for?” Chase asked.