No Going Back

AN: I finally got this finished! I hope you all liked Season 2! Comment and vote please!

The final bell rang as the entire student body rushed out of their classes eager to start up their summer holiday. Yeah, that’s right. Today was officially the last day of school and now that it has ended, I am free to do whatever I please.

I met up with Adam, Bree and Chase at the staircase and kissed my boyfriend. He wrapped an arm around my waist and all three of us walked down to the first floor together. It was nice to know I had three glorious Perry free months to look forward to.

“Ugh, I am so glad school’s over,” Bree told us “Ms. Thistle talked for an hour in History. She’s ninety. Should she really be wasting all that breath?”

As we reached the last step, Principal Perry had students line up as the lunch ladies used metal detectors on them.

“What’s all this?” Chase asked.

“Listen up frog spawn! Security check; put all metal objects in the bucket then proceed to the wands for a more…thorough search.”

“She’s enjoying this way too much.”

“Principal Perry, what’s going on?” Bree asked.

“Someone’s been stealing laptops from the computer lab so I’m gonna bust the perp or perps.” Perry looked at the four of us suspiciously. If she scans Adam, Bree and Chase then we’re all screwed “Bottom line, no one leaves this school without going through those metal detectors. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to search through your loose change and have a heart to heart with the vending machine.”

Once she was gone, Bree had us huddle “Guys,” she said “We cannot get wanded. Those things will go off like crazy when they detect our bionics.”

“Well what are we going to do?” Chase asked “She’s totally going to bust us.”

Heavy footsteps approached and a smelly heavy breath was upon us “Bust you for what? What are you hiding Little Bo Peep?”

I didn’t know what to say so I just hid behind Chase and Adam while Bree did all the talking “Um, he-he’s not hiding anything,” Bree stuttered.

“Well he does have an unusually large birth mark on his left hip,” Adam chuckled and I rolled my eyes “You stare at it long enough and it looks like Justin Bieber.”

Chase made the ‘cut it out’ look and Principal Perry folded her arms telling us she wasn’t amused “Let’s go,” she called and dragged Chase over to the security station “Empty your pockets!”

“Principal Perry I really…”

Perry cut him off by yelling in his face “Comply perp!”

Bree, Adam and I stood back worried as Chase emptied his pockets as Perry told her lunch minions to wand him. The metal detectors went off once they reached the base of Chase’s neck and my breath hitched.

“Well what do you know? We got one. Flank him girls. The little ones always put up a fight.”

Chase looked at each lunch lady nervously and then back over to us. I feel so useless just standing here. When Perry finds a hidden chip in a boy’s neck, she’s going to flip.

Finally she went through all of us. I was cleared and told to go home but I didn’t want to leave my friends behind and go through this alone. It took a lot of persuading from both Chase and Perry to let me stay. This only made Perry’s suspicion of me grow bigger.

“Everyone else cleared the check point hours ago including Ms. Davis over here so why do you three flash back’s keep setting it off?!” Perry continued to pace “You may not have the laptops but you’re hiding something, and I think Ms. Davis knows this secret. Maybe another pat down from Carol and Deb will make you talk.”