The Flirtatious Mishap

AN: Thought I’d stir up a little bit of drama. *laughs like a mad man*

Grunting, I flipped through my chemistry textbook while writing down equations in my notebook. Why does this subject have be so hard and confusing? In the future, I’ll make sure that whatever I do does not involve this stuff. And if I do I’ll probably ask myself later on ‘What was I thinking?’

A hand appeared on my shoulder as wrote down another equation. I looked up to find Brian Masterson smiling down at me, his blond hair swept to the side. He was in my English class and sat a couple rows behind me. He is always such a flirt.

“Hey Katie,” Brian smiled and sat down “I see your doing homework. Anything I can help with?”

“Unless you’re some chemistry wiz,” I replied “no thanks Brian.”

I went back to my homework and Brian paused before speaking up again “So I was wondering,”

“Yeah?”

“What’s up with you and Chase Davenport?”

That snapped my focus back to him “What do you mean?”

“I mean are you two, like, together?”

“Yes,” I replied “Chase and I are together if that’s what you’re asking.”

“Why?” He asked “Aren’t you a little out of his league?”

“Excuse me?”

“I mean you could do so much better than him. Might I suggest someone with popularity and with the looks to get by?”

“Excuse me?” I repeated.

“Oh come on Katie,” he smirked and I instantly wanted to smack it off his face “You could do so much better than loser Davenport. Dump him and go out with me. And knowing you, you could use the popularity given who you hang out with.”

“Is this conversation supposed to sway me to date you? ‘Cause let me tell you something; I wouldn’t go out with you even if I wasn’t dating Chase Davenport and hell froze over. You’re a pig Brian.” I started packing up all my school work and stuffed it all in my backpack before stomping back over to my locker.

What the hell was that? Do girls actually fall for that stupid crap? If you date me you can become popular because I’m so hot and stuff! Ugh! Guys like that are idiots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase walked into the gym to meet up with Bree to go over history notes but stopped in his tracks when he saw Katie talking to some guy. Chase ducked behind one of the tables and used his super hearing. He knew it was wrong but curiosity…and jealously won him over when he saw the guy smile flirtatiously at his girlfriend.

“So I was wondering,” the guy spoke.

“Yeah?” Katie replied.

“What’s up with you and Chase Davenport?”

Chase saw her head snap in his direction “What do you mean?”

“I mean are you two, like, together?” The guys asked.

“Yes,” Katie replied and Chase smiled when he heard her say “Chase and I are together if that’s what you’re asking.”

“Why?” He asked “Aren’t you a little out of his league?”

Whoa. Wait. What?

“Excuse me?”

Yeah what she said!

“I mean you could do so much better than him. Might I suggest someone with popularity and with the looks to get by?”

“Excuse me?” Katie repeated.

“Oh come on Katie,” he smirked and Chase so wanted to smack it off his face “You could do so much better than loser Davenport. Dump him and go out with me. And knowing you, you could use the popularity given who you hang out with.”

Chase shut off his super hearing having heard enough of the conversation and frowned. Is that what everyone thought of him? Did Katie think that of him? Was he really a nobody at this school? Chase back up out of the gym and into the school hallway.

Chase’s heart pounded in his chest when he saw Katie stomp out into the hallway towards her locker. Should he go to her and confront her? Should he ignore her? At this point he was so confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day, I walked into my house and went straight for the kitchen. Today had been so exhausting between endless hours of drowning teachers, piles of homework and to top it all off the one person who I looked forward to seeing every day, never showed up to greet me with his kisses.

I pulled out the carton of triple chocolate ice cream and a spoon and ate straight of the carton. Then I went into the living room and turned on the television. Before I knew it, sleep took over and I drifted to sleep.

The sound of my phone woke me up hours later. A had a missed call from Leo and a couple of texts from Bree. I looked those up first.

Hey! Do you know what’s wrong with Chase? He was supposed to meet me afterschool in the gym to study for our history test. When he came home he looked sad and depressed.

Chase was sad and depressed today? I wonder what’s wrong.

I flipped through the other text messages.

Okay seriously what happened to Chase? He’s been locked in his capsule for hours crying. Did you two get in a fight? Did you two break up????!!!!

Did we break up? Huh? What’s going on here?

Katie, what is going on? Chase won’t tell me anything about what happened! Why won’t you answer your phone??!!

I looked to the clock that read it was on five o’clock and I decided to go over there. I had to uncover what was wrong with my boyfriend. I just hope I didn’t hurt him. But how could I have hurt him? I don’t know what I did wrong.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I rang the doorbell, Bree opened the door and tackled me in a hug “What the heck is going on Katie? Chase won’t come out of capsule!”

“I don’t know,” I said “Can I see him?”

Bree nodded and led me down to the lab where I found Chase sitting in his capsule, his back facing the door.

“Chase? Katie’s here to see you.”

Chase didn’t move or say anything and I frowned. I have never seen him like this before.

“Bree, could you give us a few minutes please?”

She nodded and left us alone.

“Chase? Baby? Are you alright?” I asked as I approached him quietly “What’s wrong?”

Chase stood up from his spot in his capsule and opened the door “Why are you with me?”

“Why are you asking me that? You already know the answer to that question.”

A tear fell from his eyes and I wrapped my arms around his neck while placing my forehead against his “Chase I am totally in love with you. I can’t and won’t be with anyone else.”

His arms wrapped around my waist tightly “I’m in love with you too Katie. It’s just you’re everything and I’m…” I placed my lips over his and kissed him with everything I had.

“Don’t you even finish that sentence Chase,” I kissed him again “You’re everything to me and if you ever question our relationship again I will not hesitate to smack some sense into you.”

Chase chuckled and kissed me softly “Yes ma’am.”

AN: I think I lulled my cat to sleep by typing. Anyway I just wanted to give you all another chapter since I’ve been kind of out of it with not updating or giving you my own chapters. Hope this is a good one!