The Bionic 500

AN: I'm trying my best to get everything up to speed and so far I'm succeeding! Don't forget to vote and comment or else I will NOT update Bionic Showdown. I know how much you guys can't wait for that one so...hope that's motive!

After Chase took me to my mother’s grave site, I was eternally happy the rest of the night. It didn’t matter that my father didn’t want to come with me to the cemetery and that he was a freaking workaholic. Nothing could take me down from this high that I was on. The next night, even though it was a school night, I was allowed to sleep over at the Davenport’s house. And you know how Adam, Bree and Chase sleep standing up in their capsules? Well, Bree and I slept in the living room. We ended up having a popcorn contest to see who could catch the most popcorn in their mouth without dropping one. I hadn’t laughed this hard since Leo got his head stuck in coke machine at school. Don’t ask why, you’ll only bust out laughing.

When we finally got to sleep, someone outside was making a bunch of noise with his car and wouldn’t stop. Leo came downstairs while Chase and Adam came upstairs to see what all the fuss was about.

Bree opened the door to find their next door neighbor doing wheelies around the block “Ugh, this new neighbor has got to go.”

“Why does he keep racing his car up and down our street every night?” Chase asked.

“You mean he does this often?” I asked shocked “Someone should phone the cops for a noise complaint.”

“Oh! I know this one,” Adam said “to get to the other side.”

“Not even close Adam,” I said.

The car engine revved up even louder this time “He clearly doesn’t have respect for my beauty sleep. It takes at least eight hours to look this good; ten if you want that Leo glow.”

Davenport came down in his weird looking pajamas and a black eye mask on his forehead “I cannot believe I have to wake up to this,” Mr. Davenport said.

“I can’t believe I have to wake up to that,” Leo said motioning to Davenport’s outfit.

“This is Italian silk,” Mr. Davenport tried to tell Leo “A cheetah wishes he looked this good.”

My eyes were getting tired and a yawn escaped my mouth as I leaned my head against the next shoulder to my right…which happened to be Chase. I felt him lean down and kiss the top of my head and wrap an arm around my waist in comfort.

“A cheetah would have the decency to cover that up with a robe,” Bree retorted.

The car engine revved up even louder and Mr. Davenport went outside. We all followed him, some more sleepy then others, as he yelled out the door “Hey Pierce! Get your car off my lawn!” Mr. Davenport took out a remote from his pocket and pressed a few buttons “Let’s see how he likes my pressure sprinkler system.”

He walked outside as we stood back in the house, watching from a distance. I had a feeling this wasn’t going to end up right.

Mr. Davenport kept pushing buttons “Okay set to Monsoon,” the car got stuck in the mud and Mr. Davenport started to laugh “Ha! He got stuck in the mud.”

Just as he said those words, a flood of mud came rushing at him and drenched Mr. Davenport in mud. It wasn’t the most graceful thing in the world.

“Not anymore,” Leo said before going further in the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lazily walked down the road to school with Bree and Chase as I rubbed my eyes. I only got a little bit of sleep after Mr. Davenport started yelling about his Italian silk pajamas that were completely ruined. Even when it quieted down, Bree and I could hear a faint sob coming from upstairs. Now and then we would giggle at his misfortune.