Trucked Out

AN: Please don't forget to comment and update when you all are finished reading!! Love to hear from you guys!

It’s a weird day when Adam Davenport calls you on your cell phone and invites you over to help him practice driving…in the lab. Of course I was interested to see what was going to happen so I accepted the offer. When I got down to the lab, Leo was there with a clipboard in hand. He smiled and waved “Hey Katie!” I waved back.

Leo was standing by a red Davenport Industries, what looked to be like, a golf cart. Adam was in the driver’s seat and a crash dummy was in the passenger’s side. He spotted me and smiled “Oh good! You’re here just in time to witness greatness.”

I rolled my eyes “How are you going to drive this thing in the lab? Won’t Davenport get angry with you?”

“What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him,” Leo replied.

Leo continued “Alright Adam. I borrowed Big D’s hydrogen powered golf cart to help you practice for your driving test,” Leo looked down at his clip board “First step: Seatbelts.”

Adam took a deep breath “Okay focus,” he said and put on his seatbelt. Once he was done he through his arms up in the air “Yes! Zero to buckle in under five seconds.” He hi-fived Leo and then did the same to me. I smiled at his enthusiasm.

The elevator doors on the other side of the lab opened up and Chase walked in holding a black case. He laughed and said “Oh look, a dummy driving a dummy.”

Adam looked down at the driver’s wheel “Ooh! What does this button do?”

“No!” Leo yelled as the car shot forward. I closed my eyes as I heard my boyfriend screaming and Leo yelled again “Break!”

I opened my eyes to see Adam step on the break and the dummy that was in the passenger’s seat fly and land on top of Chase.

Adam chuckled “I wish all buttons did that.”

I ran over and lifted the dummy off of Chase and helped him up “Are you okay Chase?”

“Yeah, the dummy just collided with my spleen. No big deal,” Chase groaned.

I smiled and planted a kissed on his forehead “Don’t be a baby.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that afternoon, I sat on the couch in between Bree and Chase as we waiting for Adam to come home. Leo was looking out the window for Mr. Davenport’s car.

“I can’t believe Adam’s not back from his driving test. What’s taking him so long?”

Bree looked up from her magazine “Two words: Adam. Test.”

“Man if he passes, its good news for us and bad news for anyone on the road,” Chase said “Or the sidewalk.”

“You have no faith in your brother, do you?” I asked him and Chase shook his head.

“Well he had to pass,” Leo said “I need him to drive me to that party on Saturday.”

“You were invited too Leo?” I asked and he nodded “I don’t think I’m gonna go though.”

Chase’s head snapped up and looked to me “What party?”

Leo laughed “The one you weren’t invited to.”

“You got invited to Caroline Davis’ party and I didn’t?” Bree said.

“Well neither did I,” Chase told her.