Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Allie
I wanted out. My wolf had been stirring non-stop wanting to get her mate back. The bitch. I never knew I had such a needy wolf who wanted to submit and be controlled by him. Obliviously, I was the feminist out of the two of us.
Not to mention the fact that I was bored. I had never been so bored in my life. And that was saying something because I didn't have many female friends growing up. I had no idea how much my family was involved in my everyday life.
If I was home right now I would be in the library talking to my brothers or in my room, having girly chats with Amy or even having baby talk with Tarna.
My heart sunk as I began to realize how much I was missing.
Before I left, we were under attack. The rogue that had kidnapped Bleu wanted her back and was using a pack of wolves and an army of witches to do so. We of course, stood our ground, Patterson style, and fought back.
Callum had gotten word that another group of wolves had been trying to get through from the west boundary and sent Archie and I to fight them off. We broke the group like we were snapping a stick. First in the middle, weakening the connection.
It was on the way back that we ran into trouble.
Now, I had no idea what was the safety of my family. Did Harrison survive? Did Callum finally realize that not everyone can be saved? Did Bleu and Graham come out of the battle with no scratches'? Did Liv, Tarna and Amy get out alive? Has Tarna given birth to that wolf cub of hers yet?
That last question hurt the most.
What if I had missed it? I couldn't pretend that it wouldn't hurt if I had.
I had always wanted to be an aunt, long before my brothers found their mates. I would be cool Aunt Allie. I would teach them how to drink, teach them about boys or girls, teach them how to party. I mean, I'm sure the other girls will make great aunts and all, but I'll be the aunt that's related by blood. So I think that automatically makes me the best.
I wanted nothing more than to see my brothers' screw up their children in their own special way. It was on my bucket list.
I rested my chin on my arm feeling my wolf stir harder. She was home sick, I was home sick.
There were only so many days I could go on and I was losing patience.
"Hello, Allie."
I froze.
My eyes widen.
My lips went dry.
My heart began to race.
God, why hadn't I been preparing myself for this moment? Why hadn't I been thinking about all the things I wanted to say to him if he showed his ugly mug?
Hearing the sniping of sticks as he walked, I waited till he was in front of me.
He hadn't changed which made my skin crawl. He stood proud with his shoulders back like any alpha would. Hair, blacker than his soul sat on his head in spikes as his dark eyes cut into my skin. With a strong jawline, strong cheekbones and an evil smirk, my grip tightened on the blanket.
For moments, we just stared at each other. His eyes, lasers, my eyes, daggers. God, I was going to kill him.
"I was wonderin' when you would show you mug around here," I admitted, looking him up and down, trying to see if he had any visible weaknesses.
None that I could see.
"I just wanted you to get comfortable with your new surroundin's," he stated, "It's taken me six years to."
"That was your fault," I snapped, "You attacked, not us. Your luck you're not dead."
He chuckled, "It's funny that you think this is livin'."
My eyes narrowed at him, trying to blow up his head with my mind.
"But then again, seekin' revenge on Callum and Malcolm Patterson is livin'."
"You think kidnappin' me is revenge," I giggled in his face, "you would have had better luck kidnappin' Amy. That is if she didn't talk you to death."
"Aye, I heard," he said, matter-of-factly, "But I think my choice in hostage is quite perfect. I don't know if I could put up with Malcolm's Little Wolf's ugly mouth again."
My jaw tightened as the fire inside of me grew. How dare he call Tarna that? Only Malcolm was allowed to call her that. The way his grin grew told me that he knew exactly what I was thinking.
"How is the Little Wolf?" he asked, as if he really cared, "Last time I saw her, she wasn't overly well."
"She was better before you saw her, trust me," I snarled, "Before you left her to die."
He shrugged, "she survived, didn't she?"
"Only just!" I shouted, "If it wasn't for Malcolm and his –."
"Please," he groaned, "I really don't feel like hearin' your little speech about how great your bloody brother is."
"All three of my brothers are better than you," I growled, "includin' Graham and that's sayin' somethin'."
He just chuckled at my expense making me growl.
"Why am I here, Hector?" I finally asked, "If you're goin' to kill me, just do it."
"Kill you," he chuckled, "it's like you don't know me at all. If I wanted to kill you, you would be dead already."
That was true.
"So what?" I asked, "you're goin' to torture me, like you did Tarna?"
He shrugged, "maybe. I'm not goin' to be doin' anythin' actually."
I frowned, "what?"
"Oh, hasn't he told you?" He said surprised, "no, I guess you haven't met my younger brother."
I swallowed, fearing what he was going to say next.
"Nicholas, my younger brother. He'll be in charge of your welfare."
Oh crap. Nicholas was in charge of my welfare. What the hell does that even mean? Did he have to torture me or something? My blood ran cold if he had to do something worse. What if -?
I stopped. Hector thought that I didn't know him. Did Nicholas not tell him that we were mates? I mean that would explain why he hadn't shown his mug around here before or why he hasn't forced Nicholas to mark me while watching. I shuddered at the thought.
"Well, you'll meet him soon enough," with that he turned and headed back.
"You won't get away with this!" I yelled, wanting to hit myself for using the oldest line in the book, "my family will find me. You won't get a second chance!"
My threats fell on deaf ears as he continued to walk away. I groaned thumping the ground with my fist. My hand burned from the impact but I could begin to care.
I couldn't stay here. I couldn't see Nicholas without my wolf stirring to be with him or without me fearing that he was behind the plot to ruin my brothers.
I needed to get out of here as soon as I could. No matter what the consequences were.

Nicholas
I lied on my bed, looking up at the top of the tent trying to ignore the ache in my heart. I never thought a woman's words could hurt so much. Aye, I've been rejected, who hasn't? It's part of growing up. But I had never been rejected because of my family.
I knew my family history wasn't perfect. Hell, it was complicated, messy and at sometimes scarring.
I think it would have been easier if my mother had been around. She died when I was four, I never knew how. Father never got over it. Instead he became a stone and the only thing that kept his mind off the death of his mate was to fill it with the plan of take our so called 'title' back. I wanted to believe that the loss of his mate turned him into the heartless monster he became. But I knew it wasn't true.
His first victim was Isla, Hector's mother. I didn't know much about her, only from what Hector had told me. What I did know was, when Father met my mother, he ordered Isla to be killed. It was supposed to be a secret. The only reason why Hector knew was because he had heard Father ordering it to his beta at the time. Over the years, I had wondered why Hector had never seek revenge for his mother's death and killed our father. But I guess, I already knew the answer. He was his father and no matter who he was, you could never take that away from him.
Isla wasn't his only victim. After the death of my mother, he had met Kyle, Jeremy's mother. She had died not long after he was born, again, an unexplained way. I had always wondered his reason for meeting her. Was it because he was lonely and looking for another person to fill that gap? Or was it something more horrible. Like, did he seek her out? Did he convince her that he held a pure heart? Did he purposely get her pregnant to get another son before disposing of her like he had done Isla? Everything that I couldn't ask him myself.
"What are you doin'?" I sat up at the sound of Hector's voice and found him in the doorway of my tent, "I've just been to see our little guest."
I frowned, not sure of who he was talking about till it hit me. Allie.
"Why?" I asked, trying to ignore my high voice.
"Because I've realized that my brother has been slack. I thought we agreed that you were goin' to be in charge of her," he said, reminding me of my promise.
That was before I knew that she was my mate.
"Aye, but –."
"Have you even been to see her?" he buttered in, his eyes cutting into my skin.
Trying to keep eye connect with him I said, "I've been thinkin' about what I should say to her."
"Simple, I'm Nicholas Macangus, if you don't do as I ask, I'm goin' to hang your skin up in front of you and watch as you painfully grow it back."
I swallowed at the idea of hurting my mate like that.
"Allie Patterson is no innocent," he reminded me, "she is no better than a vixen. She will play you with those big blue eyes of hers. Be aware of that."
I nodded, believing that. She had already tried to get me to unlock her.
I frowned, not knowing how he could have picked that up.
"How do you know that?" I asked.
He shrugged, "I've partied with her a few times, nothin' more."
I nodded, hiding my disgust. So she would turn her back on me but was fine partying with my brother.
"Besides, she's the youngest of the Pattersons, don't forget that. She's a spoiled little brat, no doubt about it."
I nodded, trying to agree with him but remembering everything that had happened to her over the past couple of years.
"Well, I guess it hasn't always been easy for her," I stated, almost regretting it when Hector's face dropped and he took a step forward.
"Excuse me," he said, growing angry, "What did you just say?"
"Well, I'm just sayin' –."
"Don't you dare pity her," he snapped, "Remember what her brothers have done to me?"
What about everythin' you have done to them? I bit my lip to stop from saying. If Hector even had the slightest reason to suspect that Allie was a weakness for me, she would be hanging up as a form of a trophy and I would be kicked out of the pack.
"Aye," I nodded, "Sorry."
"Now's not the time to be weak, Brother," he told me, "We're winnin' and I won't allow a weak man to jeopardise that. Even if he's my brother."
I swallowed hearing the hidden threat behind his words. He left me with that fear, knowing something that he didn't. Allie was my mate. So how the hell was I supposed to remain strong and do as he asked, without turning her against me and turning into my father.