Chapter 16

Chapter 16
Allie
I woke up shivering. My teeth stuttered, my lip accidentally getting caught up in the cross fire. Blankets suffocated me and covered every inch of my body but all their warmth had been taken away.
"Allie?"
My insides stirred at the sound of his voice. It vibrated through me, making my body ache.
"What's wrong?" He asked, shifting closer.
It was just a pillow, I reminded myself.
Just a simple pillow keepin' us apart.
And as if reading my mind, the pillow moved.
I jumped at the touch of his body next to me, his warmth covering me like a blanket.
"I-I'm c-cold," I stuttered, not understanding why that sounded like such a lie.
"You're not cold," he whispered against my neck, causing goosebumps to appear over my body and my nipples to harden.
Air sucked into my mouth when I felt his wet tongue on the back of my burning neck.
"Oh Nick," my groan escaped my lips without control.
My whole body was reacting to his very touch. More moans escaped my lips as his cold hand slid up my jumper and up to my breasts. My groans turned louder as I realized how much I had missed the touch of another. As he squeezed and rubbed, I realized how much I wanted him. How much I wanted his touch.
"Nick," I groaned, "I want more."
That's all he needed to hear. We moved to a better position with me on my back and him sitting over me. The jumper came off and before I even realized he had pulled me to a sitting position. And then everything changed. The need you now mood died and became calm and slow.
His hand caressed my cheek pushing my loose strands of hairs out of my face.
"You're so beautiful," he whispered, his eyes flicking down then back up to my eyes, "I've never seen anythin' as beautiful as you."
I wanted so much to tell him that he was lying and that it couldn't possibly be true, but it would ruin the mood. Instead, I swallowed, growing more nervous as his eyes continued to look down at my body. God, why was I so nervous?
It wasn't like I had never done this before. It wasn't like he was the first lad to see me half-naked. But the fact that it was him made my body shiver at the thought.
"I will never love anythin' as much as I love you," he declared making my heart race.
Could there be anythin' so sweet? No one had ever said anything like that to me before.
"Forever is a very long time," I said, with a little chuckle, not believing that he could possibly mean it.
"I hope to god it is, if it means I can spend every second of it with you."
And that was it. I had lost. I had given up fighting. But to hell if I was missing his victory party.
Finally, Nick titled my chin to meet his lips.
With a gasp, I shot awake. My body trembled from being taken out of a comma in seconds. My brain ached from trying to work out what was the dream and what was reality. I turned my head and spied Nick, sound asleep, behind the pillow barrier that still seemed so useless.
What the hell?! I wanted to scream, why the hell was I havin' a sex dream about Nick?
It had to be because I hadn't been with a man in weeks and he was the only male company I had. I hoped at least because I feared the other answer.
The other answer was simple. It was the mate bond. I had been trying to fight it so hard that when Nick finally let me in and revealed a weakness, my fighting stopped. All I wanted to do yesterday was hold him and comfort him but I couldn't do either. And now the mate bond was fighting back. First it will be sex dreams and soon I wouldn't be able to resist him. From past experience I have learnt that I didn't have very much self-control when it came to men.
And if I didn't comply, something else would happen. I would start to realize how nice and sweet he was. And then there really will be no fighting it.
I guess that made it official. There was no way I would be leaving here without him.